Pineapple Hop Gun | Funky Buddha Brewery

funkybuddhabrewery.com

Style: American IPA

Added by dimenhetfield on 06-26-2011

4.97/5  rDev +19.5%

Personal highlight of the day at the Imperial Maple Bacon Release (06/26/2011).

I have had No Crusts before, so while the entire crowd was going crazy over that, I decided to move towards the Hops.

P.H.G. did not let me down. Tons of Citrus (Grapefruit and Tangerine) is present in the attack of the beer, then the sweetness from the Pineapple shines in the mid-palate, followed by a nice hop bitterness on the back-end. I drank multiples of these, and would go back for more if I didn't have to cut myself off.

This is a true Summer IPA!

4.97/5  rDev +19.5%

I will start off by stating that I am obsessed with Hop Gun from the Buddha, which is the base beer for this one. When I heard that they were making a pineapple version of it I knew I had to try it. I definitely tried this beer because I had 3 in one day. I love fruity beers to begin with so fruit combined with an IPA and I was sold.

The nose on this beer is delicious. You could really smell the fresh pineapple combined with the hops. The fruit taste really complements this beer very nicely. The ABV I feel is just right where it's not too light, but you can drink more than one and be okay.

I am hoping that this beer sticks around for awhile. It will be exciting to see what other kind of adjuncts they pair with the Hop Gun too.

4.91/5  rDev +18%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.68/5  rDev +12.5%

4.62/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours straw orange and super cloudy with a 2 finger head that leaves a think film across the top of the beer.

Smells like pineapple, orange, melon and other tropical fruits.

Tastes follows the nose tropical fruits with a hint of bitterness from the hops.

Mouth is creamy but not to much for the style

Buddha nails another!

4.58/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Had as 16oz draft at Lokal Burger in Coconut Grove.

Pour: Straw - yellow; clear; small but firm head that dissipates rather slowly

Nose: Fresh clean malt; Resiny hops; Pineapple smell that hits you at the same time as the hops, intermingles with the resiny hops

Taste: Excellent; clean fresh malty - biscuity backbone with perfectly balanced, juicy hops and pineapple; I usually hate fruit beers but this beer truly pairs the hops malt and juice flavors perfectly. The pineapple flavor lingers along with the hops and the final product is the definition of "lip smacking". Want more.

Pineapple Hop Gun from Funky Buddha Brewery