Dark Truffle Gose | Funky Buddha Brewery

Alströms:

4.25/5  rDev 0%

4.25/5  rDev 0%

First had: straight from the barrel at Funky Buddha, Boca Raton, FL

I got to have a sample of this while I was in town, and before it was made available to the public. At that point, Kevin, the brewer, described it as a "white truffle sea salt sour." When I asked if he considered it a gose, he said "probably not," though I guess he changed his mind. haha

This was served in a stem glass, a cloudy, mahogany liquid, dark floaties, almost no carbonation, if any at all, at the point at which I had it. Funky aroma, lots of earth, notes of sour fruit. Taste was quite earthy, almost gritty, moderately roasty malts, tart/sour dark fruits, but not puckering or overblown, lesser notes of sea salt, bitter cocoa, and raw pumpernickel. Complex and pretty amazing, even in its not-quite-complete state. Medium body, chewy, quite the tasty treat!

Dark Truffle Gose from Funky Buddha Brewery