Riegeler Felsen Pils | Fürstlich Fürstenbergische Brauerei KG

fuerstenberg.de

Style: German Pilsener

Added by Jason on 07-28-2004

2.33/5  rDev -25.6%

Picked this up on special, hoping for a classic german pils. Unfortunately I was very dissappointed. There was no pils character (crispness, flavour profile), it was just an acidic, rough and I was struggling to derive any enjoyment from it.

I will grab another one with the hope that I just picked up a bad batch.

I did get a free glass with it which was nice.

3.25/5  rDev +3.8%

3.5/5  rDev +11.8%

3.88/5  rDev +24%

Dense smooth head showing a good retention on a pale and almost transparent golden color body. The smell is classic pilsner, grainy and dry, but with a nice freshness. Quite citric too. The taste is quite enjoyably fruity for the style. Grainy, with a satisfying dry and grassy hoppiness. A bit nutty too, which I appreciated. Mouthfeel is ok, round and quite smooth. Nothing exceptional, but it's drinkable. I felt like having big sips of this brew. GOKU GOKU.

Riegeler Felsen Pils from Fürstlich Fürstenbergische Brauerei KG