Leather Lips IPA | The Tap Brewing Company

The Tap Brewing Company
Massachusetts, United States
tapbrewingcompany.com

Style: American IPA

he brewing process by itself contains enough Nugget and Chinook to satisfy the most seasoned hop head. But we couldn’t leave it alone. Once fermentation is complete we add a massive hop bag to the bright tank that is bursting at the seams with whole cone Centennial for an aroma that you just can’t get any other way. High fives all around.

Added by Bierman9 on 04-05-2004

4.18/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

A - Poured this pretty strongly and the beer featured a thick head that dissipated quickly and left a nice lace over a soapy, golden IPA. Great amber color.

S - Very distinct smell here, and I'm reminded of chocolate and ripening banana. Not exactly what I was expecting when I picked up the IPA, but the hops on top of hops might do some strange things.

T - Probably one of the smoothest IPAs I've had. I don't know if the temperature makes a huge difference, but I had LeatherLips at room temp and it came off very bland. Very drinkable, but nothing hugely remarkable either.

M - Very full mouthfeel, the hops lingers just that perfect amount before becoming too much.

O - Nice IPA which highlights a very different group of hops that I'm personally not used to... Nugget, Chinook and Centennial. I would drink this again

*Slight amendment - The bottle I picked out had a light film of dust on it, and I was later informed that hops doesn't age very well. So the beer I had may have not been the freshest, however I liked it well enough. But maybe that's why it wasn't as remarkable as I thought it'd be.

3.78/5  rDev -3.3%

Aggressive pour yields a small head over a straw-golden beer with some protein haze. Lacing is low to moderate with a mild citrus astringent nose. Taste is bone dry, Centennial hop presence is evident in the flavor profile. Very pleasant bitterness and no kick at all with the pleasantly low abv of 5%. Great session IPA, nice change of pace from all the huge double IPA monsters going on right now.

3.34/5  rDev -14.6%

4.03/5  rDev +3.1%

Poured into a 12 oz tulip glass, not sure when it was bottled. Pours a bright orange, with a one inch white sticky head that leaves behind webs of lace. Smell pine, tangerine, earthy hops, and some grapefruit. Taste matches the nose, with grapefruit being stronger than the nose led on. Body is large for its 5%, nice amount of life, a touch dry, and easy drinking. This is very nice, maybe my favorite session IPA.

3.25/5  rDev -16.9%

3.6/5  rDev -7.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

Had it at Lord Hobos on tap. Was expecting more of a hoppy bite to it but I guess with a lower ABV I should have realized it wouldn't wow me. Nice medium to dark color and a good smell. Not something I would order again at a place that has other excellent selections such as Lord Hobos. Overall it is a good session IPA.

3.74/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.75

Bomber > Pint Glass

A - Lightly cloudy orange with one finger of off white head, not a whole lot of lacing.
S - Lots of dank pine, earthy tones, dried leaves, grapefruit, orange peel.
T - Kinda lacking in the flavor department, lots of piney bitterness and lots of grapefruit, still earthy, a little grassy.
M - Best part, this is super drinkable, sure its bitter and dry on the end, but its still a beer I could chug.
O - It goes down easy, but isnt memorable.

Leather Lips IPA from The Tap Brewing Company