Heavy Hoppa IIPA | Hopped Up Brewing Company

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by woemad on 07-13-2014

Reviews by woemad:
3.68/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Some of the info for this beer may be incorrect. I had some errands to run when I stopped by and didn't think to write down the name & abv of this beer, so I'm having to use my increasingly flawed memory.

32oz “grunt” purchased at the brewery’s taproom in Spokane Valley for $5. According to the owner/brewer, this has 80 IBUs and I think he said it was 7.7%abv. He stated it’s exactly the same as his regular IPA, just dry-hopped longer. He also stated it’s not meant to be as huge as most IIPAs are.

Poured a hazy amberish gold color. There was about a half inch of sudsy off-white foam that quickly dropped down to a bubbly skiff. Spotty lace.

Citrusy in the nose. It’s a little restrained but the hops are definitely the dominant aroma.

Citrusy hop flavor, almost like fruit juice, but dialed down and paired up with enough malts to give it some balance. There’s a nice dry zap at the swallow.

The body was a little lighter than most IPAs, but not to a disturbing degree.

There’s a growing number of really big IPAs that taste more like fermented pineapple juice than anything else. This tastes like someone started with that , then toned it down to the point where it could be sessioned. It’s not typical for the style, but is quite drinkable and I would have it again at around what I paid for .

Heavy Hoppa IIPA from Hopped Up Brewing Company