Uncle | Rhinegeist Brewery

3.96/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

4.26/5  rDev +16.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

A: brown caramel body with a little light escaping very little head was chunky and off white.

S:Mild is right hardly any nose at all maybe some light coffee faintest hints of malts.

T: light malts lots of grain corn hints of coffee.

M: medium bodied slight carbonation bite.

O: very easy drinking beer I can't really see where the Coffee comes in but it's a good beer.

3.75/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I tried this at the brewery. It poured a clear dark amber with white head that left a very slight lace. The scent had grain notes. The taste was nicely balanced and easy to drink with biscuit flare. The mouthfeel was lighter in body with good carbonation. Overall it was a decent beer.

4.25/5  rDev +16.1%

4.48/5  rDev +22.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

I know nothing about this style. However, this is a very nice beer. I could drink many of these. Very clean clear look and not much nose. Taste toward the malty side but not sweet. It doesn't lean bitter either. Just a nice clean finish. Drinking this at the Brewery, which always makes beer taste better, but I would recommend this very approachable beer to anyone.

2.95/5  rDev -19.4%

4.1/5  rDev +12%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Growler filled on 2/26/17. Nonic pint.

A: pours a clear, very dark reddish or medium brown with ruby hints. Two fingers of sandy head and very active carbonation - surprising for a two week old growler! Little lacing, retains a thick ring around the edge. Seems over carbonated for the style.

S: dark, toasty malts. Colombian coffee; nutty.

T: Toasty, crisp and clean. Lingering roasty malt. My last growler was a Brett beer, and I don't think I got it completely eradicated; there's a little sourness/funk. A little earthy or red apple skin English hop on the finish, but this is clearly a malt-driven affair. This would be killer with food. Nutty roast notes linger lightly on the finish. Pretty spot on.

M: medium to light bodied, with some slight slickness and very active carbonation. I drank 16 oz. in about a minute. Exceptionally refreshing. So I know this is way overcarbonated for the style, but this is the richest sub 5% beer I believe I've ever had. So I'm giving it some extra credit in this category.

O: I love English brown ales, and heard about this two years ago, and wanted to try it but the time was never right. It is a summer beer, and I can see why; this would be perfect for playing cards on a rainy August day. Absolutely worth trying, and I will continue to seek it out when available. My only knock would be that it is a mild; at 3.8%, it goes down easily and feels lightweight. I'd probably pick a 6% brown ale before this 8 times out of 10. The only other dark mild I've had is Ghettoblaster, and I think this is better.

Uncle from Rhinegeist Brewery