Beck's | Brauerei Beck & Co.

Beck'sBeck's

Liked:
2.76/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 2,151 |  Reviews: 712

My favorite overall beer. I don't care that it's brewed by Anheuser Busch now I still enjoy the taste and the availability. Will always stock my fridge with this good German style beer as long as I can find it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I wouldn't prefer the real German Beck's, but I'm not going to throw a fit over it being brewed by AB

I refuse to go with the crowd. Becks is a magnificent drink. My credentials: raised in a major US macro-employed corporate environment (and employed as Tour Guide through college), related associates in Germany and Switzerland; tastings in said associates' breweries; lived in Hamburg. I know swill from good.

Disclaimer: I'm unimpressed by high ABV, stacked malt-hop affairs that seem to mostly determine high ratings from most reviewers. Oh, and St. Pauli is a nearly identical brew by Becks, so if you reviewed that higher than Becks, you got duped by the big t1ts.

Becks, like most Old World pilsners/lagers in northern Germany, is founded on limestone. This is the key to Becks' softness, something missing from US pilsners and most lagers. Nothing takes the place of limestone water for creating a good pils.

Becks is clear; it is not ale. US micro pils are ales masquerading as pilsners.

Becks tastes fresh; the grassy Hallertau and Saaz are present; the biscuit malt is subtle (something we Americans have trouble with). A wisp of coriander can even appear. The co-mingling of all these elements create a *drinkability* that must be respected.

Or not. Talk about stress and over pasteurization. Bash the macro import. It's only beer.

But this one is legendary.

4.9/5  rDev +77.5%

4.82/5  rDev +74.6%

Golden yellow colour, doesn't look particularly appealing but not bad either. More carbonation than appearance would suggest but feels great, just the right amount. Tastes clean and refreshing with enough interesting hoppiness to keep coming back for more. Good one for summer days. Drinkability is great and can't think of much more to want from a lager than this offers.

4.76/5  rDev +72.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Good German lager Like it

4.75/5  rDev +72.1%

4.75/5  rDev +72.1%

As you can tell from my profile picture, I love Beck's. It so simple that it's brilliant. I first had a Beck's when I was seventeen, and I have loved them since. I highly recommend these and all of their other flavours.

4.72/5  rDev +71%

Beck's beer has an excellent after taste, and it has a beautiful color. I can tell you that it has a wonderfully fresh smell. It is only lightly carbonated. The feel is only a slight bite; it is very smooth, and it goes down almost like whole milk. Beck's in the bottle does produce a very modest head, but not the shaving cream in a mug look that you would expect from some keg beers. The taste is excellent.
I serve only Beck's to my guests, and it is best served cold in a frosted glass. Everyone I know prefers Becks to other beers, and it pays to keep a supply on hand. Becks has been my favorite big name beer for at least 20 years. The world expects Deutsche quality and craftsmanship, and they will find it in Beck's beer.

4.6/5  rDev +66.7%

My favorite beer for daily consumption. Never a hangover and is very refreshing if you live in the South. I love German pilsners, they rarely have odd additive flavors that occur when a foreigh substance is added to the brewing process, such as wood, blueberries, or spices.

Nice Nobel hops flavor.

Medium malt flavor.

Average carbonation.

Clean pleasant after taste.

4.6/5  rDev +66.7%

I live in Costa Rica right now and I bought it a small supermarket which has a large wine, spirit, and beer selection which is rare.

I didn't pour it, I had it straight out of the bottle. I have to say I really like this beer. There is nothing extraordinary about it, it simply has a really clean taste which I like and is hard to find. The most prominent taste would be that of hops and malt.

I would definitely recommend this beer.

4.59/5  rDev +66.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.55/5  rDev +64.9%

Great for fans of Heineken. I've had better beers but this is fairly cheap and good for a daily drink. It is a nice golden color that you see with Heineken. Not overly bubbly. Not a very harsh first taste and finished smooth. Great served extremely cold.

4.53/5  rDev +64.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

In the sea of USA adjunct lagers, this is a decent alternative when you want more of an authentic pilsner at the same price.

Yes, the 16 oz cans sold in the USA are brewed in the USA, but with no adjuncts, no corn aroma or taste. You can smell and taste the hops. Much better than the corn-based domestics but at the same price point.

Cheers

4.51/5  rDev +63.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.51/5  rDev +63.4%

Presentation: 24 oz green bottle with silver foil neck. best before date 9-2011.

Appearance: crystal clear golden color with 1 finger of thin white head, fast to dissipate, thin runny lacing.

Smell: slight bouquet of skunk, some citrus esters.

Taste: crispy and acidic with a bitter yet sweet finish that has good hang time.

Mouthfeel: light bodied with overly moderate carbonation.

Drinkability: keep em coming, morning day or night this ones a keeper for me ...

Notes: my workhorse Pilsner. gonna price out a 1/2 keg this week.

4.5/5  rDev +63%

4.5/5  rDev +63%

Beck's from Brauerei Beck & Co.
Beer rating: 7.2% out of 100 with 2,151 ratings