Beck's | Brauerei Beck & Co.

Beck'sBeck's

Liked:
2.76/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 2,151 |  Reviews: 712

IMO this beer gets a big fat “F”. Years ago I would have given it a solid B.

In front of me is an opened bottle of Becks with its headless contents in a glass. Not more than a decade ago this was my favorite session beer. The clean, crisp taste of this little jewel with its signature back end "bitter" bite never failed me. I always enjoyed it, and it never gave me a hangover. In fact, in every case, I woke up the next day feeling as if I did not consume 4, sometimes 6 of these the prior night.

Turn the page. InBev, the largest manufacturer of artificial piss on the planet, swallows up Becks, moves its brewing out of its home country, and does God-only-knows-what to its recipe, and thus destroys another good German beer.

It is now a horrid lifeless P.O.S.

But alas, not to rest on its laurels, InBev, always in search of squeezing another .1% margin out of one of their "beers", has decided to destroy the Becks label as well. See here...

Next, go here: www.becks.com.

Tell me please---how long does it take you to find one word about Becks beer on their website?! It took me 2 minutes before my clicks revealed a page with the word "beer" on it. Isn't that special?

It wasn't long ago when I wished death for InBev; but thinking it through, IMHO, we should wish InBev continued success with their current product lines. As long as they can stay busy remaking their reconstituted urine for the masses, e.g., *Bud Light Platinum*, hopefully they will keep their filthy hands off of our wonderful craft beers.

Ehh...you know what? That's silly. I do wish InBev a slow, long, and steady suicide after all.

Poured out of a 24oz bottle. Aroma is kinda skunked and bland upfront. Taste is much of the same. Very odd aftertaste. Best before date is 2/08. Regardless, the taste is pretty dull and bland. If you took away any of the skunk, it would still be dull and bland. Almost not worth drinking.

Just went for my trusty 12-pack of Becks at the store, went to the beach and cracked a bottle, lo and behold it tasted like piss.
read the funky (designer) label and discovered it was now brewed in the usa. I tried to take the beer back to the store put i had opened the 12-pack. I ended up pouring it out.

Damn you inbev

well you lost some long time becks customers My fam and i even went to the becks brewery in bremen on our way through germany.
it really sucks now STAY AWAY !!!

i doubt somebody at inbev will read this but...
at least i still got my Pilsner Urquell to fall back on.

RIP BECKS really sad...

The Death of Beck's Dark

It took me a little to realize what had happened; the taste changed like I had gotten a funny batch. Also I started to get a headache, digestive problems and I thought what the hell is going on? After examining the label and realizing it had changed I looked up on my iPhone and to my horror I found that this was now an Anheuser product; brewed in St Louis...

Well that it explained my negative physical reaction. I was stunned. Anheuser Busch products make me physically ill and taste poor.
I was angry that Inbev had botched this and will effectively kill this beer. I will never purchase Beck's Dark again or any "Beck's" product.

So long Beck's...a moment of silence in remembrance please.

Beck's from Brauerei Beck & Co.
Beer rating: 7.2% out of 100 with 2,151 ratings