Beck's | Brauerei Beck & Co.

poor

Added by Bierman9 on 02-18-2002

Ratings: 2,128 |  Reviews: 702

3.5/5  rDev +23.2%

2.03/5  rDev -28.5%

For those that remain unaware of the fact that InBev has ceased bringing German Becks into the United States, and has chosen instead to now brew it at AB in St Louis, you will not be surprised to learn that Becks as we all knew it no longer exists. What we have now is a beer that tastes remarkably like what Budweiser/Michelob USED to taste like! This InBev insult to Becks Brauerei Bremen is almost devoid of hop aroma and character. There is malt to be sure, but it is restrained. We now have a beer for the masses that will elicit little if any comment. This is now a hot weather quencher that can sadly sit along in the ice filled cooler with Coors, MGD, Bud, and light beers ad nauseum. This is what InBev wants it to be.

I drank this beer last night at the UC in Chicago out of a 16 oz can. When I saw the label, Brewed in the USA I knew I had the imposter in hand. Everyone, I implore you, do not buy InBev products if you can help it. Certainly don't buy Becks USA. Do not support their program to buy breweries, cheapen recipes, and ruin what was otherwise good beer. InBev are a plague on this earth. Becks is their latest outrage to the beer drinker. BOYCOTT THIS BEER!

1.25/5  rDev -56%

4.25/5  rDev +49.6%

Unfortunately domestic American beers are a joke. I completely gave up on them. Of the foreign beers, beck's has to be one of my favorites. It has a very classic skunky European smell to it, It's nod bad , just a very distinctive odor. It goes well with food or by itself after a long day. It can be found in most stores in my area and has a very affordable price at $3.49 for a 24 oz bottle. I am surprised to see other comments bashing this beer, i suppose it's a case of love it or hate it. Overall 4.25.

1.75/5  rDev -38.4%

3.5/5  rDev +23.2%

2.75/5  rDev -3.2%

Beck's from Brauerei Beck & Co.