Beck's Sapphire | Brauerei Beck & Co.

Beck's SapphireBeck's Sapphire

Added by peabody on 12-21-2012

Liked:
2.77/5
Alströms:

I love this beer. Smooth. Just the way I like it. LIke the man said while looking at the nude picture, "I may not know art, but I know what I like."

4.88/5  rDev +76.2%

I'm very surprised by this!! I think it's more in the Euro Pale Lager catagory but their not a huge difference anyhow and I'm no expert. Very different yet cool black bottle, you can barely see through it. I'm short glasses so ill have to stick to that. Smell is pretty faint, average pilsner, nothing ou of the ordinary. The taste however really caught me off guard. It's very sweet upfront then buttery, slight breadlines, followed by more sweet. It's had a really nice creamy velvet mouthfeel I haven't experienced in a pilsner before, but I really like it, goes down real easy. I don't consider 6%abv high but it's more than average BMC's. Overall I can't wait to try this again and this is definetly something I'd keep in my fridge on a regular basis.

4.76/5  rDev +71.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

4.65/5  rDev +67.9%

This beer is better at room temperature, or slightly warmer. The first couple of sips bite back, then it is as smooth as any other. I have a hard time finding it, but get it every time I do find it.

4.55/5  rDev +64.3%

4.5/5  rDev +62.5%

4.5/5  rDev +62.5%

4.47/5  rDev +61.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I Love this Beer!!!! I tried it over the weekend In Chicago, IL and it was love @ first taste. For all the crappy reviews I'm reading, I couldn't tell it was disliked in Chi Town. We had to go from store to store to find it . Finlly found it and the store only had two cases so I bought them back to Detroit, MI.....Wish they sold it in my neighborhood .....I enjoyed the look, the taste was smooth without and after taste and the smell was not loud at all. Maybe this beer was made for the LADIES.....

4.4/5  rDev +58.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.4/5  rDev +58.8%

4.25/5  rDev +53.4%

4.17/5  rDev +50.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Beck's Sapphire (poured into a whiskey glass) has a thin, off-white head, a clear, somewhat bubbly, golden appearance, and minimal lacing left behind. The aroma is faint, but sweet barley malt is detected. The flavor is of sweet, brown bread, barley malt, and an unusual hop bitterness, which is difficult to describe. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Beck's Sapphire finishes dry, clean, crisp, and refreshing. Overall, this is another winner from InBev, and I think it is delicious.

RJT

4.11/5  rDev +48.4%

Picked this up at a grocery store for a dollar a bottle. Poured into a pint glass and yielded about two fingers of white head. The color was very light and clear. Tasted like a very sweet lager with no aftertaste. I would drink this on a hot summer day after mowing the lawn. Overall, it was a nice light change from stouts and IPA's I usually drink.

Beck's Sapphire brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co., with an ABV of 6.0% This brew pours out a deep golden amber color, with a small white head. The smell of Beck's Sapphire, is strong with grains and malts. You do pick up some hops. I like the strong brew smell to Beck's Sapphire. Nothing bad so far. Now for the taste, it is bold with flavors. There is a lot going on in this brew. You pick up some nice grins , malts and hit of hops at te end. Beck's Sapphire has a real nice balance to it, there is nothing overpowering about this brew. The mouthfeel of Beck's Sapphire, is rich, bold and refreshing. I would drink Beck's Sapphire over Beck's. There is no bad aftertaste it is just smooth and clean. You really can't pick up on the high ABV in this brew. Overall I'm giving Beck's Sapphire a soild 4 out 5. I would buy this brew again . Brauerei Beck & Co., did a nice job with this one.

I was really surprised by the taste of this beer. I am not one for most german beers with musky flavors. This one to me didnt have any musk and is much stronger than Becks.

Beck's Sapphire from Brauerei Beck & Co.
Beer rating: 6.8% out of 100 with 573 ratings