Hamm's | Hamm's Brewing Co.

poor
Read the review
Hamm'sHamm's

Hamm's Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 06-20-2001

I know this site is full of elitists and beer snobs but Hamm's is without a doubt the best session beer available ever. Great taste and great value. Get off your high horse and give credit where credit is due because Hamm's is truly deserving. I just wish it was easier to find In New England.

appearance has a yellow and gold look with moderate amount of carbonation. Hams smells like your typical american adjunct lager grainy and cook vegetables. Taste is grainy and smooth. It is very easy drinking beer . Mouthfeel is light but not watery . Overall hams I the top tasting cheap american lagers on market and cam compete with other lagers wich are priced higher .

Hamm's beer, what can I say. It is probably the greatest beer to ever touch the fresh soiled grounds of America.

Hamm's was built on the backs of our grand fathers great grandfathers. Steel Mills, Furnace Blasts, Coal Mines and Lumberjacking.

Appearance: Very nice can style. Pompadour Classic. A golden brown shade of carbonated perfection.

Smell: Smells like really good beer with a hint of Americana. It smells like hops freshly picked out of a hop orchard in the Northeast. A hint of malt and barley also touches the back of the nose palet.

Taste: American perfection. Goes down ultra smooth whether warm or cold. Tastes similar to ChiMay and Hoptimus Prime.

Smell: Like the blood, sweat and tears of our forefathers.

Mouthfeel: please...

Overal: The best beer out right now in my opinion. You can buy a case and treat your friends and not have it kill your wallet.

Check out the video review after the jump:

12 oz can.
Nice dandelion body, reminds me of a new penny.
Standard American lager notes.
Tastes like about ten-twelve of these on a warm Saturday in the summer could do.
Smooth, very smooth - light body.
Conclusion: The best beer in the world; I could drink these every day for the rest of my life, easy.

Hamm's Beer -- $5.99 for a twelve-pack at my local beverage emporium, so I couldn't pass it up.

Appearance: Vintage can with the blue, white and gold design, and red Hamm's logo. Beautiful. I drank it out of the can, so I didn't examine the color, head, and lacing. Like it really matters, anyway.

Smell: Smells good. Pure clean beer aroma, no problems at all.

Taste: Damn good. It's crisp and light, with an extremely light touch of hops. Incredibly unique and refreshing.

Mouthfeel: Heavily carbonated and fizzy. It gives a tongue-tingling sensation equal to Miller High Life.

Drinkability: Hamm's tastes good enough to savor in small amounts, or to guzzle as a session beer. Either way, you won't be disappointed.

Overall: Highly recommended.

it tastes like a full beer not any of the light beers have a full body. I think it has something to do with the fact that it was on tap and not from a can. It is quite hoppy and has lots of bitterness to it followed by a small sweet spot right at the end.

Searched for Hamms for years and finally found it. $13 for a dirty 30. I thought what could it hurt. Pours a golden beer with a nice head. Smoother than bud light and miller. This is the beer they drink in Valhalla. Be careful. They go down so smooth ice cold that I got down 15 before I knew it

4.85/5  rDev +70.8%

4.83/5  rDev +70.1%

RobertDBase- Love your review. :-) I personally am a High Life fan because of the fresh bread aspect you were talking about. I have a few High Lifes and i start to get a headache sometimes. It happens with a lot of cheap beer or liquor. Hamm's Never gave me a cheap buzz headache. And its flavor was even better than High Life. I love it. 12 pack is like under $10 and only one liquor store in my town has it.

In a perfect world, everybody's drinking Hamm's. -Guttermouth

4.78/5  rDev +68.3%

I did a double blind taste test of ten American beers. First thing I learned was I really liked having ten beers! I also found PBR my first favorite, and Hamm's was my second best friend. Grain Belt, MHL and Schlizt rounded out my top five. At a bar? I am lucky if they even have PBR, as Budweidser is all that most local bars have on tap if not all flavored or light beers. A 24 pack of Papsts and a 30 pack of hamm's both cost the same, $14.99 so the Hamm's is like a free six pack! I used to order Bud all the time, and my test showed I had been buying advertising, as it was #10, just beating Coors. 6 thru 8 were Old Milwaukke, Rolling Stone, and Natural. I do not drink beer flavored water, so none of the taste tests were light. I drink right from the can or bottle color is a non-issue. The taste of Hamm's is smooth and actually has some scent and flavor. I am 64 and until three years ago, I had smoked for 44 years so my senses of smell and taste may differe from more pure citizens or non veterans

4.63/5  rDev +63%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

For me it's a hybrid of Stella Artois and Yuenngling. Tried it on a whim, out of the can, and it was really good. It was on sale at Fry's (Kroger) in a nicer area of Phoenix. Phoenix has a lot of Midwest transplants. So, not surprised this easy drinking beer made it here.

4.58/5  rDev +61.3%

Great lager for those looking to save money and time.

4.54/5  rDev +59.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Contrary to the righteousness held by so many beer snobs, there is no perfect beer out there. And really, what IS with many a beer so bitter that a glass of vinegar is like a soft drink by comparison, but I digress... For my money a beer should be refreshing and cold.
Straight up, Hamm's more than delivers on that... As ever, a clean tasting, non bitter, refreshing beer either by itself or with food. I challenge any beer "expert"/aficionado to put any of their gilt edge - trendoid beers up against Hamm's (or a few other "low rent" - pedestrian) beers in a blind sampling and they'll get a dose of reality. Some of these "lesser" beers, Hamm's most certainly being one, more than deliver the goods and do not drain your wallet.

Thanx "Hamm's"

4.51/5  rDev +58.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Hamm's the best inexpensive Beer on the market. Recently had Coors lite and compared it to Hamm's premium...not even close Hamm's won out..Coors lite was like watered down beer.

4.5/5  rDev +58.5%

4.46/5  rDev +57%

On the most enjoyable bottled beers you can buy. Is it that good? Absolutely, as long as [1] you drink it as fresh as possible (ideally within the first month of delivery from the brew house, or at least months or more out from the expiration date); [2] you're not a piffy, nose-in-air snob.

I don't care about "grassy" this or that. The only question for is whether it tastes great. And, it does. The flavor is distinctive, balanced, and enjoyable. Again, as long as it's fresh, you'll get a really crisp, slightly grain-dominated start, which develops into a fresh, yeastier finish. Delightful. Hops are present in a correct ratio; this isn't some insanely over-hopped, liquid black dirt microbrew. Medium to lighter bodied, it's just the thing for the summer. It doesn't weigh you down, but it's immensely satisfying.

4.41/5  rDev +55.3%

If your looking for a medium bodied beer with great taste and unbeatable cost, then Hamm's is your beer. They have stayed true to their labeling as well as their flavor for years. I do like some micro's and I absolutely love Guinness, but I hate that folks are so proud of them. I can by 30 Hamm's or less then 1/2 case of a micro. I'll take Hamm's, thank you very much.

4.4/5  rDev +54.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Hamm's | Hamm's Brewing Co. Poured from the can into a pint glass, this brew's got a three finger thick head, spotty lacing, and a clear golden body.

Smells like corn and other adjuncts, but nothing comes off as too sweet or cloying.

I taste full-bodied grains, yet this is still rather clean and crisp. The flavor doesn't come off as "cheap".

Medium-light mouthfeel with mild carbonation.

I'll rate Hamm's | Hamm's Brewing Co. with an overall 4.5. Quite a step above your average AAL's out there today.

4.3/5  rDev +51.4%

At $10.99/30 pack, it's definitely best beer for your money. I live around a lot of beer snobs who only drink micros but I honestly think this tastes better. Real smooth taste either ice cold or warm. Not too much of a head. Not too bitter. Not too sweet. Perfect beer. Smell that brings back memories of old of my old man n his friends playing horseshoes. Perfect beer for those people who wanna drink a beer while hanging out in garage with neighbors or playing horseshoes with neighbors. Isn't that what drinking beer is supposed to be about? Top grade homeowners beer. Can drink a quality beer and still afford your mortgage.

4.26/5  rDev +50%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Alright, I'm going to rate this in style. If you try and compare this to craft beer, you're going to rate it horribly. With that said, it's creamy, light, refreshing, and goes down easy. This is what my grandfather drank almost exclusively, and for good reason. Saw it on the shelf at my local supermarket and figured I might as well try it, it has replaced Rainer as my go to AAL. I could see myself sucking these down on a hot day, plus the price can't be beat.

To the people who rated this below a 3. Come on now, it's AAL not Pulling Nails, and no, I don't care you've had Scooop.

4.25/5  rDev +49.6%

Hamm's from Hamm's Brewing Co.