Hamm's | Hamm's Brewing Co.

poor
Read the review
Hamm'sHamm's

Hamm's Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 06-20-2001

Hamm's brewed by Hamm's Brewing Co., With an ABV of 4.60% This American Adjunct Lager pours out a nice golden amber color with a small white head. There is some nice spotty lacing to this brew. The smell of Hamm's is rich with grains and malts, and a slight sweetness. You also pick up on small amount of hops in the smell of this brew. Hamm's has the look and the smell of most American Adjunct Lagers on the market, not saying that is a bad thing. Now for the taste, it is rich with grains and malts. This is a nice smooth drinking brew, there is nothing overpowering about this brew. Hamm's has a real nice balance to it. I like how smooth this brew goes down. This is one nice clean smooth brew. It is to be expected because of the style of brew. This is a brew that I have been waiting to try for a while now, and it is a decent American Adjunct Lagers. I a fan of this types of brews. The body of Hamm's is a soild medium. Overall I'm giving this brew a 4 out 5. I would definitely look this brew up again givin the chance to. Hamm's Brewing Co., Did a real nice job with this brew.

2.09/5  rDev -26.7%

3.05/5  rDev +7%

2.75/5  rDev -3.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.99/5  rDev +4.9%

3.58/5  rDev +25.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Found a case where I work for $10.99, and am currently enjoying them with Mickey D's and hockey highlights. Nice golden straw color, a sweet, corny, lightly-hoppy scent, and a nice medium feeling to the palate. This is the perfect beer for after work the night before a day off. A great value for the price!

4.01/5  rDev +40.7%

3.21/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

This is a recent addition to the lineup here in my area. I have heard of this beer but never had a chance to try it.

While certainly not groundbreaking, this is a very solid everyday quaff. Chicken wings and potato chips, spicy jalapeno with nachos, large Italian sausage pizzas covered with cheese.... these are the things made for this beer. And there ain't nothing wrong with that. I picked up a case for round 15 bucks. I can see myself drinking this one around the pool this summer.

3.21/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

12 can BB 7/3/17 poured into a Hamm's chalice at fridge temp. The beer is golden straw colored and bright. White head is short lived with no lacing. Aroma is faint but typical sweet corn. Taste follows aroma with a sweetish corn start followed by a legitimate hop bitterness to balance. Mouthfeel is typical to style with a little oily/soapy coating after swallowing, but it's minimal compared to most. Overall, good AAL. Exactly what you want when you just want a cold beer.

4.63/5  rDev +62.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

For me it's a hybrid of Stella Artois and Yuenngling. Tried it on a whim, out of the can, and it was really good. It was on sale at Fry's (Kroger) in a nicer area of Phoenix. Phoenix has a lot of Midwest transplants. So, not surprised this easy drinking beer made it here.

3.03/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Enjoyed a six pack while camping out in Mark Twain National Forest last night. This beer is perfect for that type of thing. Not much to look at or smell but easy to quaff and creamy in texture. Perfectly fine for what it is.

2.5/5  rDev -12.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Slightly more flavorful than the average aal. It's got that adjuncts corn sweetness, it's just typical. There's nothing wrong with it, but I like others in the style better.

3.05/5  rDev +7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

2.75/5  rDev -3.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

4.78/5  rDev +67.7%

I did a double blind taste test of ten American beers. First thing I learned was I really liked having ten beers! I also found PBR my first favorite, and Hamm's was my second best friend. Grain Belt, MHL and Schlizt rounded out my top five. At a bar? I am lucky if they even have PBR, as Budweidser is all that most local bars have on tap if not all flavored or light beers. A 24 pack of Papsts and a 30 pack of hamm's both cost the same, $14.99 so the Hamm's is like a free six pack! I used to order Bud all the time, and my test showed I had been buying advertising, as it was #10, just beating Coors. 6 thru 8 were Old Milwaukke, Rolling Stone, and Natural. I do not drink beer flavored water, so none of the taste tests were light. I drink right from the can or bottle color is a non-issue. The taste of Hamm's is smooth and actually has some scent and flavor. I am 64 and until three years ago, I had smoked for 44 years so my senses of smell and taste may differe from more pure citizens or non veterans

4.1/5  rDev +43.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Hadn't seen a can of Hamm's since my two tours to Korea, 76-77 and 79-82. I could usually be spotted with a case over my shoulder a couple of times a week boarding the kimchi bus for home downtown in the ville. Anything was better than the local Crown or OB. I think I paid about $5 a case back then. Imagine my surprise when I spotted a case in the beer cooler at Walmart today, in, of all places, Thomaston, Maine! I gotta buy me one of these! Ended up paying around $13 bucks, inflation I guess.
Got home and cracked open a can, pouring it into a pilsner glass. Looks good, has a head even. Cautiously I take a sip, taking myself back to my humble abode down the road from the rubber glove factory, with fish drying racks on the hill behind and across the road from a rice paddy (can't say I miss those combined smells ! ). Damn this is pretty good beer! Better than I remember. Taste, smoothness and drinkability easily beats most American AAL's.

3.67/5  rDev +28.8%

Hands down the BEST AAL. The most consistent beer I've ever had in it's class. Most bang for your buck, $9.89 a 30-box here, and it actually tastes like beer. You Hipsters and Lumber-sexuals can have the PBR, just keep your greasy mustache wax off my fucking Hamm's.

3.18/5  rDev +11.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

2.5/5  rDev -12.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Family party, desperate, the choices in the fridge were Hamms and Coors Light, seriously, my relatives are basic as hell. One sip of this light light yellow, corn scented flavorless thin crap and it went down the drain. It is the worst beer I've ever had.

1.5/5  rDev -47.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

2.98/5  rDev +4.6%

3.37/5  rDev +18.2%

For around $10 for a 30 pack you shouldn't be expecting a beer that is anything extraordinary. It's very drinkable though and is my new go to beer for where I'm just going for quantity and not quality. Tastes good, comparable to the rest of the beers in it's class and it might actually be better than most of them.

4.1/5  rDev +43.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 5

Ok so its not the most popular brand. Its very possible to grab a six pack that has been sitting on a store shelf too long, be warned beer lovers. That said, American dopes enjoy coors and Budweiser, the same guys also probably voted for lil donny dump so there you go! If you want to waste your money I wont stand in your way... Hamm's is #1 for taste and VALUE! I enjoy many micro brews but Hamm's is my go to beer to hit the trail on my dirtbike or hang with the boys! Great beer, great buzz. Coors fans choke yourself

2.23/5  rDev -21.8%
look: 4 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2

Hamm's from Hamm's Brewing Co.