Hamm's | Hamm's Brewing Co.

poor

millercoors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 06-20-2001

1.1/5  rDev -61.1%

Smells absolutely awful and has a bad corn aftertaste. Cheap as can be though, so if that's your deal then go for it. Not any worse than bud light.

1.12/5  rDev -60.4%

1.12/5  rDev -60.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

1.2/5  rDev -57.6%

look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

1.25/5  rDev -55.8%

An elderly friend of mine gave me one of these in a gesture of kindness. I took one sip and poured the rest down his kitchen sink when he wasn't looking. Maybe it was skunky, but damn I couldn't stomach it.

1.26/5  rDev -55.5%
look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Backlog from 2009. 12 oz can. Okay, this beer had floaties in it. The only beer that’s okay by me to have floaties in it are unfiltered craft beers. Hamm’s is definitely not in that category, so--yuck. That’s why it got a 1 in appearance. Surprisingly, the flavor tastes a little better than most cheap lagers. The floaties turned me off so much, I poured it out after the first drink. I can imagine it would have gotten an above average rating for Pale Lagers were it not for the floaties.

1.31/5  rDev -53.7%

Holy nasty skunk batman.

This is some seriously bad beer. It's a cold "fresh" Hamm's. And it is really, really, really bad.

We all should be careful with our reviews and not set out to bash any specific beer. I must say, however, that this beer is in serious need of bashing. I did not enjoy the smell (my wife said it smelled like "skunky butt") or the taste. The head looked like marshmallow creme and the color was golden. It went down easy, but due to the flavor, I couldn't drink more than one can.

If you check my reviews you will note that I do not generally give such low scores, but in this case I'm going as low as possible to save my fellow advocates the pain.

1.32/5  rDev -53.4%

1.32/5  rDev -53.4%

1.4/5  rDev -50.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

Yellow corn colored beer with a shiny light foamy white head. Head subsides very quickly into the lightly carbonated beer.

Light scent hints of sweet corn and barley. In the distance a scent of hop.

First taste is of a sweet granola cereal then the taste dies quickly into a watered down taste of malt with a very light hint a hop. As continue to drink the initial flavors start to die off and I think I'm consuming dirty water

I was excited when I bought this beer, I felt cool; like a born again college frat kid, then I remembered why I never wanted to be in a Frat and I hated almost everyone in college.

1.42/5  rDev -49.8%

Holy sin. This was bad. Bad bad bad. It was rancid and tasted the part. Yeast from here to there. Not the good culture either. Something you'd go to the pharmacy for. Thank goodness I didn't have to pay for it.

1.48/5  rDev -47.7%

1.48/5  rDev -47.7%

Poured into a pint glass. This pours a pale yellow with a cap of frothy white head that fades away quickly.

The aroma is reminisant of musty wet corn. A little bit of light grains and perhaps a bit of hops. Wet old. Orn on the pallet with chalk. Very mild flavors; that would be its redeeming quality.

Light body with decent carbonation. This is is bad. My friend bought this and I want him to get his money back; all five dollars for the six pack of tall boys.

1.5/5  rDev -47%

Hamm's from Hamm's Brewing Co.