Hamm's | Hamm's Brewing Co.

Hamm'sHamm's

2.72/5
Alströms:
3.2

1.75/5  rDev -35.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

3.47/5  rDev +27.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.67/5  rDev +34.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I thought that i rated this beer a while back but apparently not. I would not have done so if the local deep discount grocery store near my house did not have it on sale for $6.97 for a suitcase. Yes, as in 24 cans. You read that right. You can't get a case of PBR for under $10.00 on sale around here usually. I needed some beer to cook with and any marginally drinkable American Adjunct Lager (AAL) would do. So I took the plunge knowing I would at least have cooking beer for the next 24 meals that needed it. I cracked open a can to start making the batter for my homemade chicken tenderloin nuggets. 8 oz for the batter, 4oz for the cook....

Can dated on the bottom JUN0517 (about to expire so no wonder the blowout price) . Pours to a generous sudsy white head that falls to a thin layer and laces a bit. Typical yellow bright color. Aroma is sweet grains (corn, six row malt) and a touch of grassy, lemony hops but a bit of cheap beer metallic tang. Flavor is clean, crisp corn flakes and barley (grape-nuts cereal) and a faint but discernable zesty hop finish. Mouth feel is light and crisp. Easy to drink this like a cool glass of water. I was floored by the quality of this brew. It rivals PBR at its' price point for quality in it's style class. From now on I will never pass up a good deal on Hamms. Good for cooking -- the nuggets were delicious -- and a good easy drinking all purpose American macro lager.

This beer reinforces the belief that Bud and Bud Light are marketed for people who don't like "beer flavor". This beer has it yet Bud drinkers pay the premium price to avoid it.

P.S. This was the 4.0% abv max "low point' version sold in Oklahoma. The real thing clocks in at 4.6%. But this beer has big boozy AAL flavor and you could have fooled me. Speaking of low point beer... October 2018 can't get to Oklahoma soon enough.

4.4/5  rDev +61.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Hamm's | Hamm's Brewing Co. Poured from the can into a pint glass, this brew's got a three finger thick head, spotty lacing, and a clear golden body.

Smells like corn and other adjuncts, but nothing comes off as too sweet or cloying.

I taste full-bodied grains, yet this is still rather clean and crisp. The flavor doesn't come off as "cheap".

Medium-light mouthfeel with mild carbonation.

I'll rate Hamm's | Hamm's Brewing Co. with an overall 4.5. Quite a step above your average AAL's out there today.

2.54/5  rDev -6.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

2.42/5  rDev -11%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

2.51/5  rDev -7.7%

Not bad for a cheap low end beer. Definitely better than any of those 99 cent 24oz cans of other beers you can buy. Nothing fantastic but still an easy drinking cheap brew. Leagues better than Milwaukee's Best, Natural Ice or even Pabst.

12 oz can.
Nice dandelion body, reminds me of a new penny.
Standard American lager notes.
Tastes like about ten-twelve of these on a warm Saturday in the summer could do.
Smooth, very smooth - light body.
Conclusion: The best beer in the world; I could drink these every day for the rest of my life, easy.

2.66/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

16 oz can.
Clear golden body with a proper head.
Weak American lager aroma.
The flavor follows with a meek and mild mix of sweet and earthy hops.
Smooth, near medium- light body.
Overall: Not good.

Hamm's brewed by Hamm's Brewing Co., With an ABV of 4.60% This American Adjunct Lager pours out a nice golden amber color with a small white head. There is some nice spotty lacing to this brew. The smell of Hamm's is rich with grains and malts, and a slight sweetness. You also pick up on small amount of hops in the smell of this brew. Hamm's has the look and the smell of most American Adjunct Lagers on the market, not saying that is a bad thing. Now for the taste, it is rich with grains and malts. This is a nice smooth drinking brew, there is nothing overpowering about this brew. Hamm's has a real nice balance to it. I like how smooth this brew goes down. This is one nice clean smooth brew. It is to be expected because of the style of brew. This is a brew that I have been waiting to try for a while now, and it is a decent American Adjunct Lagers. I a fan of this types of brews. The body of Hamm's is a soild medium. Overall I'm giving this brew a 4 out 5. I would definitely look this brew up again givin the chance to. Hamm's Brewing Co., Did a real nice job with this brew.

2.09/5  rDev -23.2%

3.05/5  rDev +12.1%

2.75/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.99/5  rDev +9.9%

3.58/5  rDev +31.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Found a case where I work for $10.99, and am currently enjoying them with Mickey D's and hockey highlights. Nice golden straw color, a sweet, corny, lightly-hoppy scent, and a nice medium feeling to the palate. This is the perfect beer for after work the night before a day off. A great value for the price!

4.01/5  rDev +47.4%

3.21/5  rDev +18%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

This is a recent addition to the lineup here in my area. I have heard of this beer but never had a chance to try it.

While certainly not groundbreaking, this is a very solid everyday quaff. Chicken wings and potato chips, spicy jalapeno with nachos, large Italian sausage pizzas covered with cheese.... these are the things made for this beer. And there ain't nothing wrong with that. I picked up a case for round 15 bucks. I can see myself drinking this one around the pool this summer.

3.21/5  rDev +18%
look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

12 can BB 7/3/17 poured into a Hamm's chalice at fridge temp. The beer is golden straw colored and bright. White head is short lived with no lacing. Aroma is faint but typical sweet corn. Taste follows aroma with a sweetish corn start followed by a legitimate hop bitterness to balance. Mouthfeel is typical to style with a little oily/soapy coating after swallowing, but it's minimal compared to most. Overall, good AAL. Exactly what you want when you just want a cold beer.

4.63/5  rDev +70.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

For me it's a hybrid of Stella Artois and Yuenngling. Tried it on a whim, out of the can, and it was really good. It was on sale at Fry's (Kroger) in a nicer area of Phoenix. Phoenix has a lot of Midwest transplants. So, not surprised this easy drinking beer made it here.

3.03/5  rDev +11.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Enjoyed a six pack while camping out in Mark Twain National Forest last night. This beer is perfect for that type of thing. Not much to look at or smell but easy to quaff and creamy in texture. Perfectly fine for what it is.

2.5/5  rDev -8.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Slightly more flavorful than the average aal. It's got that adjuncts corn sweetness, it's just typical. There's nothing wrong with it, but I like others in the style better.

3.05/5  rDev +12.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

2.75/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

4.78/5  rDev +75.7%

I did a double blind taste test of ten American beers. First thing I learned was I really liked having ten beers! I also found PBR my first favorite, and Hamm's was my second best friend. Grain Belt, MHL and Schlizt rounded out my top five. At a bar? I am lucky if they even have PBR, as Budweidser is all that most local bars have on tap if not all flavored or light beers. A 24 pack of Papsts and a 30 pack of hamm's both cost the same, $14.99 so the Hamm's is like a free six pack! I used to order Bud all the time, and my test showed I had been buying advertising, as it was #10, just beating Coors. 6 thru 8 were Old Milwaukke, Rolling Stone, and Natural. I do not drink beer flavored water, so none of the taste tests were light. I drink right from the can or bottle color is a non-issue. The taste of Hamm's is smooth and actually has some scent and flavor. I am 64 and until three years ago, I had smoked for 44 years so my senses of smell and taste may differe from more pure citizens or non veterans

4.1/5  rDev +50.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Hadn't seen a can of Hamm's since my two tours to Korea, 76-77 and 79-82. I could usually be spotted with a case over my shoulder a couple of times a week boarding the kimchi bus for home downtown in the ville. Anything was better than the local Crown or OB. I think I paid about $5 a case back then. Imagine my surprise when I spotted a case in the beer cooler at Walmart today, in, of all places, Thomaston, Maine! I gotta buy me one of these! Ended up paying around $13 bucks, inflation I guess.
Got home and cracked open a can, pouring it into a pilsner glass. Looks good, has a head even. Cautiously I take a sip, taking myself back to my humble abode down the road from the rubber glove factory, with fish drying racks on the hill behind and across the road from a rice paddy (can't say I miss those combined smells ! ). Damn this is pretty good beer! Better than I remember. Taste, smoothness and drinkability easily beats most American AAL's.

Hamm's from Hamm's Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 8.7% out of 100 with 837 ratings