Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Blonde D' Ardenne | Brasserie d'Achouffe

Style: Belgian Strong Pale Ale

Added by BeerAdvocate on 07-14-2006

Reviews by Kulrak:
3.92/5  rDev 0%

Pours a nice golden color with plenty of head that disappears rather quickly, leaving a thin layer that laces the glass. Smells of sweet belgian yeast and a little floral. The taste is sweet, but not overly so. Hints of banana. It's very much a blonde ale, but more refreshing than most belgian ales. The mouthfeel is very heavy, but with some rather sharp carbonation. Overall, it's a very drinkable beer, and I'll probably be getting it again.

4.53/5  rDev 0%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured into McChouffe glass from 750ml.

Pours golden with an explosive huge,fluffy white head. Unbelievable amounts of carbonation rising/swirling around the glass. Wow! Lots of yeast floating throughout. That is the most amazing bit of carbonation I've ever seen!

Aroma of yeast, malt, hops and some farmhouse.

Taste is yeast, malt, hops. Slightly sweet, but not overly so. Some sort of metalic taste.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied, cleansing, crisp and clean.

Overall, a wonderfully drinkable brew. Light and refreshing. Highly recommended.

Amazingly, I just drank another bottle of this beer [yesterday], called up my review, and noticed that it is EXACTLY 5 years to the day that I wrote my earlier review. While I wouldn't rate this beer as high as I did 5 years ago, it is still amazing. I'll leave my ratings alone. Still a beer worth tracking down if you can find it.

Blonde D' Ardenne from Brasserie d'Achouffe