Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Style: American IPA

Added by RblWthACoz on 08-02-2014

Reviews by RblWthACoz:
4/5  rDev 0%

So, supposedly this is a wet-hopped version of Pacific Ring? Which makes no sense to me because it doesn't use any of the same hops. I entered the name that was on the board at Roundabout, and added the hop in parenthesis in anticipation of there being other wet-hopped beers in the future that might utilize other varietals.

Pours a mildly fogged amber hue. Tons of lacing. Oily and mildly nutty nose. The flavor is strong oil from hops. Earthy. Like the nose, mild nut tones on there. The dominating feature though is the oil character from the wet hops. It is consistent and thorough throughout. Smooth feel. Very easy to drink.

True wet-hopped beers are few and far between. But when you get one that's done right, it's a rare pleasure to be able to experience. This holds all the things I love about wet-hopped beers in abundance. I really wish I had more chances to try beers like this. But I am glad to be able to have the limited chances I have had. Definitely suggested.

3.75/5  rDev -6.3%