Ensor 14 | Duel Brewing

Added by ONovoMexicano on 02-24-2014

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by ONovoMexicano:
4.19/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Ensor 14 arrives from the tap with a finger and a half thick head, foamy and cream-colored. Sticky lace remains as the head dissipates. The liquid is dark brown and opaque with lighter brown hues.

There's a nice tart aroma on this beer, maltiness and citrus. Unfortunately the whole brewery smells of bread and malt so it was difficult to detect much.

I can't say the same for the taste because I was getting all kinds of goodness. The beer is initially sweet and perhaps honey-like, then followed by a fruity profile that's citrusy. Some tart orange peel is definitely present at the finish. I'm loving the taste and the match of sweet and tart.

Ensor drinks well too. As mentioned above, it's sweet first with a good creaminess, but then the tartness breaks in. I'd say this beer is medium-bodied and very clean-tasting.

Duel seems to be finding their groove and creating consistent beers, and consistently good beers at that. This is one of them. My one minor complaint is that the beer is a tad sweeter than I like where I'd want more tartness, but still, it's damn delicious.

Ensor 14 from Duel Brewing