Barrel Aged Russian Interference

Gots
SCORE
Outstanding
Barrel Aged Russian InterferenceBarrel Aged Russian Interference
Notes: Bourbon Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout with Toasted Pecans, Cinnamon, and Vanilla Beans
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 10
4.65/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Pours Angry Chair black(that means really damn black), with a hint of mocha bubbles forming a ring around the edges of my glass. There is a little sweetness and barrel coming from the aroma. I went into the taste of this beer blind, so I was overjoyed when the cinnamon flavor exploded in my mouth. I am going to knock the overall score a bit, as I didn't pick up on the pecans.

4.24/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Unlike Cognac UT, this has a big punch of cinnamon up front, almost spicy, which is intensified by the substantial barrel presence, which up until this beer, is the most I've experienced in an Angry Chair stout. The crackly carbonation combats the sticky viscosity that you should know by now you'll get here, before again impressing me with a dry finish. The cinnamon is supported by a hefty punch of chocolatey malt, chocolate wafers and milk dud with accents of caramelized pecan that lends a woody nuttiness in the warm finish.

Barrel Aged Russian Interference from Angry Chair Brewing