Jalapeño Lager

Reviews by ogman:
ogman from Pennsylvania

4.39/5  rDev +18.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

No matter what flavor you add to a beer, the beer behind it has to be excellent. This is an excellent lager with just the right amount of delicious jalapeno to get your attention and keep it glass after glass. I first tasted this at a local brewfest and enjoyed it enough to drive 75 miles to get more. If you like lager and you like jalapenos, you just can't go wrong with this one. I had it on tap, but they do bottle it and it sells out fast!

Nov 18, 2015
coalcracker from Pennsylvania

3.6/5  rDev -3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

On tap at the Brass Buckle: A little thin, but the jalapeño definitely pulls through. Clean finish. Unique but not too challenging. Pairs well with enchiladas without adding too much excess firepower.

Jul 29, 2017
nathanmiller from New York

Apr 21, 2015
Ardeer from New York

3.5/5  rDev -5.7%

Mar 28, 2016
OsoRojo from Colorado

3.79/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Jun 12, 2016
ajilllau from Florida

1.93/5  rDev -48%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

What an "interesting" beer. It pours looking like a Coors light with a unique peppery smell. When tasted, the jalapeno is overwhelming. It's not spicy, but it taste like a Coors light that had peppers marinating in the can. I assumed this was a novelty beer, because I am not sure who would want to drink beers like that, but to my surprise the bartender said people do enjoy drinking it. For me the only way to drink it would be to use it as a mixer in something like a margarita. If you can find this beer, try it as a novelty and see if you want more than one.

Oct 24, 2015
georgeblazer from Pennsylvania

4.91/5  rDev +32.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Apr 02, 2016
Lone_Freighter from Vermont

3.52/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Growler with my parents, this was poured into a non-frosted pilsener glass (yes, since my dad still believes in frosting his glasses, I had to pull one aside and de-frost before I could enjoy this beer). The appearance was a light yellow color with some carbonation rising to fill a finger’s worth of white foamy head. Sliding stringy lace. The aroma wasn’t as "jalapeno"-like as I thought it would have been. Some cereal sweet grains, light corn and grassy hops come through like a lager to make a good play to balance that "jalapeno." The flavor started sweet and seemed to also have a little bit of green pepper taste, or maybe that was my mind playing tricks on me, I’m not sure. Still, the heat was there. Not much of any aftertaste or finish. The palate was light bodied with an actual decent sessionability about it. Carbonation felt fine. ABV felt appropriate. Overall, oddly enough, this turned out better than I thought. I had low expectations, but this would be one I’d have again. And though I understand what the brewer means by adding depth with the lime, I didn’t because I wanted what was brewed to be reviewed. But my mom was quick to put the lime in her mug, haha, oh well. To each his own, right.

Jun 19, 2017