Master Of Unrelated Science

Very Good
Notes:
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 14 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
4.1/5  rDev +5.9%

Nice copper color. Citra is def evident in the nose. Very nice hop flavor but very mild brett. More on the lines of pale ale or IPA, IMO. At 45 IBUs they get lots of nice hop flavor, would have guess the IBUs were more. Overall a very nice beer.

4.22/5  rDev +9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Can. Best by September 2015. Pours a hazy orange-ish red with a small collar of foam that fades rapidly. Aroma is crazy tropical fruit. Possibly mandarin orange. Flavor is similar with a moderate bitterness that doesn't linger on the palate. Very solid effort but for a beer that advertises Brett on the label I hoped for a touch more Brett character. It's delicious, just not super bretty.

Wow! Some people can write a soliloquy about a beer and that's awesome!! I know what I like and I can say that everything I have had from Odd 13 is Ah-Mazing!! They happen to be located in my back yard. Well, ok, wishful thinking, but they are within biking distance. I picked up a 4-pack (~$10) of this to pair with my fancy take out burrito and all I have to say is "Grapefruit Hop Bomb"!!! Yes!! I love it! I've been seeking out lower abv beers to drink at home so that I don't get waxed in front of company, my kid, or just the effing tv, and have found many to be quite disappointing. I recently saw in Craft Beer and Brewing that the definition of a "sessionable IPA" is "Pale Ale". Yep. Couldn't agree more. So I'll add the Master of Unrelated Science" to my list of backyard, summer drinkin, fire pit, hangin, maybe only make a half ass of yourself, and delightfully delicious for this beer snob gal, sessionable beers:).

3.99/5  rDev +3.1%

these guys really have my attention right now, masterful beers all the way around. this one is less funky and wild than others of theirs by a long shot, the brett is really subtle, and seems immature, not done with its business yet. orange beer with a little haze and a short lived airy head. the smell is tangerines and tartness, citra hops for sure, bursting right out of this thing, the brett is barely there. in the flavor, i get a lot of the same. citra hops to the max, juicy and brimming, with the brett way behind it. a seemingly uninteresting grain base lets the hops really take the lead. the brett delivers some tang, but fails to dry it out much, its not sweet, but it doesnt have that characteristic effervescence and dry feel. dynamic beer though nevertheless, hoppy and wild is a great mix, and the hops are brilliantly selected and timed in this beer, heavy dry hopping i have to imagine. these guys are killing it, so cool that i can get a pint can of this for just a few bucks too!

Master Of Unrelated Science from Odd13 Brewing