Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 6
Reviews by tone77:
3.53/5  rDev +7.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a copper color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of malts, grains. Taste is malty, bready, some caramel sweetness, a bit dry at the finish, very easy drinking. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall is a solid and enjoyable beer.

3.28/5  rDev 0%

Whoa! I think that my local, in-person trader, tone77, may be throwing me a bone here. He dropped off a couple of these the other night in furtherance of The CANQuest (TM), but he has not reviewed it himself! That's a friend, right there, folks. And now, without further ado, the first CAN review on this website ...

From the CAN: "Aluminum [CAN]s make cool Christmas ornaments". Truer words ...

The Crack! gave a bit of a spritz, indicating that it is a squirter and thus to be handled differently than other beers. The reason for this status was that it was not just brimful, it was fully laden! I then checked the CAN for dents, which will decrease the available interior area, as a possible cause, but with negative results. A pregnant CAN! In nearly 1,000 CAN reviews, I have never enCANtered this before, but an inverted Glug seemed to be in order in terms of celebration. The birth was a blessed event, filling my shaker pint glass with a pseudo-cascade, settling into two dense, foamy fingers of tawny head. The color was a glorious copper (SRM = > 17, < 22) with NE-quality clarity and I immediately got Full Circle Recycling on the horn to see if they would redeem copper-colored beer at the same rate as copper wire and pipe since the abandoned house down the street was beginning to run short. My alley boys and I use it to fund our evening activities, especially during the summer. Full Circle merely snorted in my ear and hung up, so it was back to drinking beer. The head had fallen in the interim, leaving wonderful lacing in its wake for the midwife to clean up. The nose had a definitive caramel-malt smell along with a bourbon-like coconut. Am I hallucinating? Only one way to find out. My first sip filled my mouth with a bigger-than-expected denseness, marking the mouthfeel as full. It tasted of caramel malt, coconut, grassy or minty hops and a slight metallic sharpness. Hmmm. It was actually pretty good, especially for a style that used to be downright sweet twenty-five years ago. You hear what I'm sayin', you whippersnappers?!? Get off of my porch, you little hoodlums! I handed out CANs of beer at Hallowe'en (no joke) and now they come 'round like every night is giveaway night at the Chez Woody Saloon. Back to what I was saying. Yeah, slight flaw aside, this was an entirely drinkable Amber/Red Copper Ale. The finish was semi-dry, which I will take over semi-sweet or sweet any day, plus if the coppers promise not to haul me off like the lizard on the label, I might even drink some on the boardwalk next summer.

3.25/5  rDev -0.9%

1.25/5  rDev -61.9%

4.5/5  rDev +37.2%

2.2/5  rDev -32.9%

BoardWalk Copper from de Lazy Lizard Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.