Ginger Beer | The Merchant Ale House Restaurant & Brewpub

Ontario, Canada
merchantalehouse.ca

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Availability: Summer

Fresh Ginger is added directly to the boil of this lightly hopped copper beer. A real treat on a hot summers eve.

Added by Sammy on 07-13-2005

Reviews by galluch:
3.5/5  rDev -5.9%

2.87/5  rDev -22.8%

Not a ginger ale, but in fact aggressive ginger taste and carbonation. Nice little white head, bit can't restrain the ginger infusion or balance it. It doesn't work for me, but there is ginger taste. In fact, what malt is there just doesn't make for a good mouthfeel.

4.52/5  rDev +21.5%

The 2009 batch of the Ginger is my second time round with it and this year I find that it is very drinkable. Last year I would switch back to my usual of the IPA after a few Gingers but this year I have been sticking with it throughout the evening. Lots of ginger taste and curious about the cask conditioned batch.

Ginger Beer from The Merchant Ale House Restaurant & Brewpub