Pioneer Imperial Ale | Sockeye Grill & Brewery

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by Glibber on 04-28-2011

4.05/5  rDev 0%

On tap at the Brewpub.

A - Served a dark, murky amber with a thin light tab head that fades to a small film. Ins of lacing left on the glass.

S - Hoppy pine and amber malt.

T - Hop dominated with some breadt malts.

D - A nice balanced body and carbonation.

O - My favorite of the day. I solid Pale with a nice hop-forward presence.

3.92/5  rDev 0%

Beer is a redish amber color with a nice white head that leaves some lacing. I really noticed the bold hoppy and citrus smell- perhaps Munich hops. Tastes light and clean with hints of orange and grapefruit. There is a hop kick like much of Sockeyes beer, but it is fairly mellow for an Imperial Ale. I am not sure I am classifying this correctly, but it is very similar in taste to an IPA. It is very drinkable and going quick. Hopefully this will be a mainstay at Sockeye.

Pioneer Imperial Ale from Sockeye Grill & Brewery