Cherry Chocolate | O'Fallon Brewery

O'Fallon Brewery
Missouri, United States
ofallonbrewery.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

A dark wheat beer that tastes like a chocolate covered cherry…only better!

Added by maxpower on 03-19-2004

3.14/5  rDev -0.6%

2.71/5  rDev -14.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Amber in color with a fingernail of off white heads is barely present. Overly sweet chocolate aroma with maraschino cherry hints. Massive chocolate flavor with maraschino cherry in the background. Flavor cloys heavily. The body is overly carbonated and very sweet.

2.72/5  rDev -13.9%

3.75/5  rDev +18.7%

Poured on 12/6 into a frozen imperial pint glass. Pours a wonderfully rich dark amber color with very low, caramel colored head. The aroma is a delectable combination of chocolate covered cherries with hints of coffee and a little oak. The neer drinks really nice, not nearly as overwelming as I thought it would be. The malt shine at first before the cherry hits your pallet. The chocolate and coffee flavors combine with a sweetness to provide a wonderful finish.

3.5/5  rDev +10.8%

4.5/5  rDev +42.4%

Sampled last night on 11/29/14 but had this once before a few years back. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured in to a flute glass.

Pours a very dark mahogany in color with some ruby highlights with a small white head. LOTS of lacing is seen after each sip which is very surprising. The aroma is fantastic, like a fresh chocolate covered cherry. The taste was WOW! Actually like a Cherry Toostie Roll Pop that is close to the end. Very surprised how good this one was. Very smooth and goes down easy. Medium-bodied with perfect carbonation. A tasty winter seasonal brew.

3.75/5  rDev +18.7%

2.5/5  rDev -20.9%

4.5/5  rDev +42.4%

3.25/5  rDev +2.8%

4.58/5  rDev +44.9%

This has been one of my favorite beers so far. I have never had a beer like this before and when I had this one I really liked it a lot. I think the Cherry flavor with the Chocolate flavor is a great taste. This was this first beer that I have had like this and I liked it a lot. I just wish that I could find it where I live is all. If I could find it where I live I know that I would be buying this beer. If you never have had this before you need to try it if you can find it.

2.25/5  rDev -28.8%