Margot | Hop Farm Brewing Co.

MargotMargot

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
4.25/5  rDev +10.7%

3.25/5  rDev -15.4%

4.01/5  rDev +4.4%

Super haze. Trudge yellow color with a murky middle. Poor head formation.

Tart wheaty nose with lemony spank, yeast protein, light hay, and a squeal of fusel. True Berliner nose, just shy of outstanding.

Lemony sour, green apple, and faint bubblegum, but very dry. Coated with musty spring wheat malt and brined with yeast nuttiness. Awesome acidity level. Good stuff.

Super refreshing. Lightly puckery with a smooth body. A little rustle from residual carb that doesn't disintegrate.

A damn good Berliner, if not just a tad too heavy.

4.85/5  rDev +26.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Golden hue- slight haze; not cloudy at all.

The nose is nice, with a tinge of acidity and a slight funk. I get earthy, grassy notes as well.

There is a perfect balance with this beer. Up front I get an easy drinking, wheat aspect that fades way to a citrusy/ lemon rind bitterness that hits your jaw ever so slightly with the mouth puckering quality I love in a sour. the finish is a dry and you find yourself going back for more. The alcohol is HIDDEN...7.5% and this thing drinks like it's 3%! Goes down dangerously.

Nice carbonation, perfect head, slight lacing and a lasting effervescence.

This is a collaboration effort for Pittsburgh Craft Beer Week by Hop Farm Brewing and Box Office Brew Review. This is also Hop Farm's first bottle release. Overall this is a rock solid beer. I only wish this were a regular staple as I would down a growler on a consistent basis.

4.75/5  rDev +23.7%

3.69/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

After being forced to try this beer before I got a growler, I got really nervous. It tasted of grain and didn't seem too good. I'm glad I went for the growler anyways.

This seems to me very much like a beginner Berliner Weisse. The brewer described it as an imperial berliner weisse, whatever that means. I'm calling it a Berliner Weisse with training wheels. Nice mild tartness, and I do mean very mild. Seems like sweet lemons almost. Like I said, this is a beginner's version of the style. Very easy to drink. I wonder what the bottled version will be like. I may go out of my way to pick some up.

1/6/15 Opened the bottle I have been resting on. Age does nothing good for this beer. Flaws seem to be more pronounced. Sour is bumping. Doesn't work. Will not go for this beer again.

4.25/5  rDev +10.7%

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Margot from Hop Farm Brewing Co.