Homewrecker Holiday Ale | Broad Brook Brewing Company

Homewrecker Holiday AleHomewrecker Holiday Ale

Broad Brook Brewing Company
Connecticut, United States

Style: Winter Warmer

A light roasty scent with hints of caramel
and coffee pours dark brown that fades into a
beautiful mahogany at the bottom of the glass.

Added by RblWthACoz on 10-19-2013

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 8
Reviews by Boto:
3.69/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Draught @ Brewery: This one pours a dark, brown color. There was almost no head on it and no lacing. Lighter but good nose. Some coffee and roasty notes. Malts in the background. The taste is good. Some roasted coffee, and caramel malts in background. A touch of the honey. A hint of spice and earthy hops. Slightly dry finish.

4.57/5  rDev +22.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.33/5  rDev +16.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Why am I giving this review? Why, for "Educational use only" of course, so "do not reuse" it, OK ;) Really though, I'm writing this because there's only one review, it doesn't (didn't) have a photo, it was only flavored once which was at the brewery, it shows(or showed) as "Retired", but I found it at Total Wine in a bomber bottle on 1/15/2016.

" RblWthACoz " (I assume that's Rebel with a cause) added this in Oct of 2013, but the only review thus far comes from "Boto" in Dec of 2013, so I'd like to update this as to being alive and kicking because that's just what it is for a "Winter Warmer". Incidentally, I dislike that term immensely for it just doesn't suit many brews and insinuates that it is heavily spiced. Although in this case, Broad Brook Brewing places that exact moniker upon the label, so I should probably stop babbling and get to the heart of the matter...

I offered to share it with a friend, yet she chose wine. Too bad, I get all this deliciousness...

The Eye: Upon the pour I was quite impressed as the tan head rose just so and settled with just a bit of lacing. I was distracted by the head, however when I looked again I was surprised to see how dark brown a brew this was.

The Nose: Wonderful, delightful, full of many olfactory stimulations: mild coffee like Guatemalan Antigua when lightly roasted, freshly picked supple juicy figs and gooey sticky caramel, but there's something else almost candy like that's somewhat reminiscent of yes, cotton candy! It's sort of subtle though.

The Mouth: Very much as the nose, except the coffee is even more mild and the hint of cotton candy prevails quite comparably. Malty without a yeast rising sort of thing and the hop only hits ever momentarily and the it's gone without much aftertaste at all. That's my only dislike that somehow the flavors don't linger longer upon my palette.

The Feel: which is always a hard one for me, yet in this cause it was easy as it's highly drinkable, not too fizzy nor simply flat and it sits well upon my (ever expanding) belly. Beer will do that... I used to have a six pack, now I have a keg :(

The sixth sense, the all-around: FYI, I listened to the pop of the cap, the bubbles (or carbonation) as it left the bottle and the my glass, they were much like a melodious symphony which is all well and good, but hardly a topic for the "Overall" conversation, urghh :P Really though, I'd recommend this over many "Winter Warmers" as it's completely likable and Broad Brook Brewing you've done a wonderful thing with this crafting, thank you!

3.5/5  rDev -5.9%

3.58/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Homewrecker Holiday Ale from Broad Brook Brewing Company