Palmovka 12* | Schilling Beer Co.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.95/5  rDev +4.7%

Experience/Setting Mood:
This is my first review in a while. I had this beer at ACBF. They did not have a line all night in Friday. Exactly a year before the event I did part of my beer pilgrimage to Czechoslovakia during the summer of epic flooding. Still I sought out to try as many Pivo's as possible. So how did this compare: The Pivo 12 weight held true to its name and more. Sidenote, I do understand the word pivo does mean beer or drink in Czech, but I use it as the classification of Czech beers more specifically Czech Lagers which they are most known.

Apperence: see through golden lager with very tight uniform carbonation. Head was very light but I attribute that to the 1 oz to 2 oz pours allowed by mass law. Check the box for appearance compared to its namesake across the pond.

Smell: light, malty, clean, crisp, sweet grains, fresh, not much hops or bitters noticed. Check again.

Taste: sweet golden honey (not thick), clean crisp, light, grainy, malty, fresh, clean, the bitters cleans the palate for the next beer. Yes, this is beer for the style where it is at. Double check.

Mouthfeel: very light clean and crisp. Could create head when chewed but would not expand to bloat the mouth.

Overall: 5 out of 5. I wish I could get this in Boston when ever I wanted during the summer. In this style this is in the top 5 to top 3 of the 12 weight Pivo's. This will compete with any style Bavarian Lager or Pilsner out there and hold its own. Not the best in class Pivo 12 but it my 3rd or 4th and definitely number 1 from an American Brewer that I have tried.

3.75/5  rDev -20.7%

Palmovka 12* from Schilling Beer Co.