KCCO Black Lager | Resignation Brewery

Resignation Brewery
Texas, United States
resignationbrewery.com

Style: Schwarzbier

A toast lager with notes of chocolate and coffee. Unlike a heavy porter or a stout it’s amazingly light, crispy, and sessionable. KCCO Black is a delicious misfit.

Brewed & Bottled by Redhook Ale Brewery.

Added by anhigdon on 10-22-2013

Swapped this at a tailgate for some good beer, should've just asked him to keep it

No this beer should not be allowed on the market

1.25/5  rDev -62.9%

1.43/5  rDev -57.6%
look: 3 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.25

As a fan of The Chive I wanted to give the KCCO Black Lager a try when I saw it in my local bottle shop. As a whole I am not much of a fan of Black Lagers anyways but still kept an open mind and didn't expect anything earth shattering. This was a HUGE disappointment as I either got an infected bottle or this is just a mindnumbingly bad beer. Tasted and smelled of roasted ammonia. Two sips and I had to tap out. Hope it didn't kill the grass where I dumped it over my deck.

1.5/5  rDev -55.5%

1.57/5  rDev -53.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

1.75/5  rDev -48.1%

This stuff tastes like a good stout or porter that is watered down and leaves you hanging. I was told over and over that this is good stuff so I dropped 9 bucks on a sixxer and was seriously disappointed. High price for a lager that tastes like watered down chocolate and coffee. Won't buy again. Bud light black crown is better and cheaper. Crap beer. Don't waste your money

2.03/5  rDev -39.8%

Real let down of a lager. Weak head, watery feel. Less roasts than it is kinda sour.
I was hoping for something fun as I enjoy the kcco vibe but this was clearly not them putting their best foot forward.

I am going to say that this is a skip going forward.

2.08/5  rDev -38.3%