Cabin Fever Ale | Berkshire Brewing Company Inc.

Cabin Fever AleCabin Fever Ale

Berkshire Brewing Company Inc.
Massachusetts, United States
berkshirebrewingcompany.com

Style: Winter Warmer

Added by kelticblood on 12-30-2002

3.88/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

22oz.

A: Pours a murky auburn with a nice off-white head.

S: Mild brown sugar, molasses, buttery and yeasty, wholegrain bread, light greenish hops. Smells like a ringwood beer.

T: Crisp bitterness and light citrus from the hops, brown bread, toffee, caramelized grain, a bit of malty spice, dryish finish.

M: Medium-bodied with zingy carbonation, creamy feel.

O: The yeastiness is a bit strong in the aroma, but besides that this is tasty and drinkable.

3.5/5  rDev -8.6%

3.5/5  rDev -8.6%

3.25/5  rDev -15.1%

3.95/5  rDev +3.1%

A-Burnt orange with reddish hints. Head is legit. About a half-inch high. It is frothy and bubbly and it leaves capes of lacing. Body of the beer is crystal clear. A good looker.

S-As the label states, the malt profile is "reminiscent of an English Pale Ale". Butterscotch and caramel and sweet breadiness. Has a mulch aspect to it too. Maybe even some Agave nectar too. Hops are lightly grassy with a twitch of pine. Its those Tettnang hops in action. Light on spice; which I find to be a breath of fresh air.

T-I must ironically start with the finish. This beer finishes with a beautiful honey-covered graham cracker flavor. It wowed me. At first I thought that the earlier aspects of the flavor profile were not as inspiring, but then Cabin Fever took hold of me. Hops are quite spicy; actually maybe its not the hops because I am experiencing some legitimate pepper flavors. Again, I get the mulch. The more I describe it and sip it, the more I enjoy it. Holiday spice is more prominent here. Definitely unique.

M-Buzzing carbonation. A bit sticky. Semi-dry, lighter bitterness. Pretty drinkable, especially once you get accustomed to the flavor.

O/D-At first I was a bit unimpressed, but when I started to understand the beer's curves and intricacies, I really started to enjoy it. A mix between an English Pale Ale and a Spiced Ale. I will definitely remember this one. It really grew on me. By the time I was halfway done with the bomber, my fondness for this beer increased twofold.

3.83/5  rDev 0%

Poured from bottle with "best by date" of 4/17/13. Modified tulip glass.

A - Striking copper color, great luxurious head and long lacing.
S - Toffee, burnt sugar, earthy. Warm autumnal smells abound.
T - Deep, hops in the background, warm tones, malt and biscuit. Finish lingers, all in good time.
M - Silky and smooth, carbonation is mild, matches the warmth of the beer.
O - What a good winter brew, warm, not boozy, balanced and beautiful.

Cheers

4.75/5  rDev +24%

4.25/5  rDev +11%

Cabin Fever Ale from Berkshire Brewing Company Inc.