Coffeehouse Porter | Berkshire Brewing Company Inc.

Coffeehouse PorterCoffeehouse Porter
4.07/5
Exceptional
Coffeehouse PorterCoffeehouse Porter

Berkshire Brewing Company Inc.
Massachusetts, United States
berkshire-brewing.com

Style: American Porter

Added by purplehops on 05-03-2002

Ratings: 1,067 |  Reviews: 481

I love coffee, and I love beer. Naturally, I love coffee beers. This beer is easily one of my favorites, if not my favorite. It is simply perfection in a bottle.

It's smooth, creamy, rich but not heavy, and tastes like the most perfect coffee married the most perfect porter. This is one of those beers I could drink all night if I didn't need to sleep at some point.

I originally had it in a bottle, but when I had it on nitro tap, I was blown away. The nitrogen gives the beer just a little added crispness that turns it from a 9 all the way up to 11.

I could go on about how perfectly the malt and the coffee work together, or the way it's perfectly balanced, or how I really want another one right the hell now. However, if there is one flaw in this beer, it's that I can only have one, or maybe two before I'll be up all night. I already drink a lot of coffee as it is.

Still, this may be the perfect coffee beer.

On nitro-tap @ The Horseshoe Pub in Hudson, MA.

A - Deep, dark brown with shades of red at the edges. No light comes through. Thick, pillowy, frothy, light brown, latte-like head. Just sits there. Love it.

S - Coffee, raisins, cocoa, and roasted, charred malt.

T - Strong coffee and chocolate. Like a milkshake or chocolate cake finished with a shot of espresso.

M - Perfect body for a porter. Chocolaty and roasty goodness. Highly enjoyable to drink.

Such a fantastic beer. It may be due to the nitro-tap, but I gotta give this beer a perfect "5". Everything the style should be.

Coffeehouse Porter from Berkshire Brewing Company Inc.
Beer rating: 4.07 out of 5 with 1,067 ratings