Supervoid Barrel Aged

Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 13 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
bbcamillo from Florida

4.15/5  rDev -3.5%

I’m torn on this one. The flavor and smell are very unique, very satisfactory. This is the most syrupy thick beer I’ve ever drank, but it’s also my first Imperial Stout so I’m not sure if that just normal. Almost to thick felling for me.

The down side for me is I can’t finish one all the way cause it goes straight to my head in a bad way. Gave me a wicked headache. Possibly it has a high sugar content coupled with the high alcohol number.

Sep 23, 2019
PhilCarta from Florida

3.52/5  rDev -18.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Quite sweet and there is minimal carbonation. But given that, the overall flavors are quite nice and the alcohol taste is not there, thankfully for me.

May 07, 2019
brentk56 from North Carolina

4.49/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Appearance: Arrives coal black with a nice head that leaves some spots of lacing behind

Smell: Chocolate fudge, Bourbon and caramel tones

Taste: Chocolate fudge forward with caramel building; spice cake tones during the mid-palate with some Bourbon in the finish

Mouthfeel: Full bodied with moderate carbonation

Overall: An interesting mid-palate of spice cake flavors made me ask the bar staff what kind of barrels or adjuncts were used here but nobody serving the beer had any idea - don't they train their staff?

Jan 11, 2018
Supervoid Barrel Aged from Coppertail Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 89 out of 100 with 13 ratings