Supper Table

Added:
Dec 01, 2016
SCORE
n/a
Notes: Sweet Potato Autumn Ale brewed with vanilla, ginger, cardamom, clove, allspice and cinnamon.

Mashed with local barley malt, along with a pinch of our favorite toasty and caramel malts. Fermented clean and crisp with our preferred house ale yeast for a full-bodied, yet crushingly dry finish. Fermented again atop an ample helping of North Carolina sweet potatoes. Aged on a delicate blend of traditional pie spices.

Historically adverse to creating anything pumpkin or spice related, this has always been our approach to those familiar fall flavors.
Recent ratings and reviews.
Ratings by jschott75:
Rated by jschott75 from Illinois

Nov 10, 2019
More User Ratings:
Reviewed by JokersAce

3.37/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25
It was a hot day in NYC when I heard a POP stemming from one of my beer collection boxes. Drat, another beer popped open prematurely. It was my foolish decision to buy so many beers in advance, thinking that I would be able to hold them and cherish them throughout the months and years, simply eschewing the need to buy beers in future by referencing and picking off something from my curated collection.
It was time to check over the collection, I suppose. So I looked through a couple of the boxes of cans on my floor. All were save there, then I moved up on my shelves. Then in one of my boxes of sours I spotted the culprit. It was Supper Table that I purchased in North Carolina. Thankfully the beer did not pop when it pinged, but it was clearly bursting at the seams and it was only a matter of time. So without delay, I put it in my freezer to drink in a few hours, knowing full well it may finish off its explosive tendencies over my roomates frozen goods.
So an hour or two passes and here I am drinking this particular beer:
Hefty froth on each pour. Not any sort of active yeast scent going on here but the head is hyperactive as all hell.
Burnt orange to light brown body. Head itself being beige. Pleasant scent emitting from the can and glass, much akin to other Thanksgiving and holiday dinner themed beers I've had before (mostly just the one from Terrapin).
It's got a crisp, metallic taste. I almost taste brussels sprouts, but I'm sure this thing is just brewed with sweet potatoes. Come to think of it I do taste sweet potatoes, though in like a sweet potato chip taste and not necessarily a candied sweet potato casserole that the addition of the spices listed on the beer would assume.
Either way, it's alright but nothing decadent. May very well pair well with an autumnal holiday dinner though. Also, great art on the can A+.
Jun 01, 2022
Reviewed by PEBKAC from North Carolina

3.22/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75
Pounder from Appalachian. Lo-ball @home.

Head-y, sticky, dulled, tea-colored brew.

Smell is big on spice, but nothing is sharp, too fake or offensive; Starchy sweet potato pie.

Creamy, low carbonation, bittersweet Aspirin. Dusty spice, starchy pasta water, aged hops. Not sweet, dry finish. Somehow this is still fresh tasting.

Jaded meh.
Dec 18, 2021

Rated: 2.96 by UCLABrewN84 from California

Dec 08, 2019
Reviewed by oberon from North Carolina

2.81/5  rDev -13%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75
Pours a clear auburn color with a half finger off white head that is quick to fade.Ginger and clove aromas stand out most with underlying sweet potato.Overly spiced with ginger and clove,it's actually spicy but not in a good way,a little earth in the finish.Ouch a drain pour for me.
Feb 12, 2019