You're My Boy, Blue! | The Brew Bus Terminal & Brewery

You're My Boy, Blue!You're My Boy, Blue!
3.27/5
Okay
You're My Boy, Blue!You're My Boy, Blue!

The Brew Bus Terminal & Brewery
Florida, United States
brewbususa.com

Style: Fruit and Field Beer

You're My Boy, Blue! is our blueberry wheat ale. Brewed with Pacific Gem hops and all-natural blueberries, thus ale is sure refresh every taste bud it touches.

Added by caplana on 10-31-2013

3.71/5  rDev +13.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

A: Copper color, large 2 inch off white head, no lacing
S: Blueberry, bread, cracker
T: Sweetnees, blueberry, bread, not much in the way of hoppiness but thats ok with this style
M: Light
O: Decent blueberry ale. I like this style and it was a pretty good one. I really like the bready, maltiness, it almost has a blueberry cobler taste.

3.5/5  rDev +7%

Not what I expected when I bought this beer. This beer does not look the part of a blueberry ale. It looks like a pale ale or a hefeweizen. The taste is okay but that is not blowing me away either. I see what they are going for but this is not really my thing. Well hey at least they put real blueberries into this beer & not artificial blueberry flavor. As far as local brews go I prefer Two Henry's Blueberry Vanilla Wheat over this concoction. Cheers! B- (80-84) score range

3.53/5  rDev +8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

2.77/5  rDev -15.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I somehow veered onto a Fruit(ed) Beer kick on The CANQuest (tm) in the past couple/few days & I want to CANtinue the trend while I CAN.

From the CAN: "Hop on for the ultimate craft beer experience!"; "Hop on for the Ultimate Craft Beer Experience on The Brew Bus! From brewery tours and tasting to corporate events and bachelor(ette) parties, the Brew Bus offers a once in a lifetime experience for everyone. Our tour guides are experienced and knowledgable, and our staff is friendly and accommodating. Hop On the Brew Bus Today!"; "You're My Boy, Blue! is our Blueberry Wheat Ale brewed with Pacific Gem hops and real blueberries. Once it hits your lips it's so good."

I was unsure about clarity and/or color with this one, but since it a Wheat Ale at base, cloudiness was not out of the question. Upon Crack!ing it opened, it revealed another brimful craft CAN & I celebrated with an inverted Glug. This resulted in just over a finger of dense, foamy, pinkish-white head with decent retention that slowly fell to wisps, leaving nice lacing behind. Color was a deeply-hazy/lightly-cloudy reddish-Amber (SRM = N/A). If the previous beer reminded me of buckwheat pancakes with blueberry syrup, this was straight up blueberry pancakes! Mmm. Blueberries, doughy wheat malt, mmm. Mouthfeel was medium. The taste was likewise liquefied blueberry pancakes. This was no artificial nonsense, but instead, the taste of real fruit fermented into beer. It was lightly tart, not overly sweet, which made it all the more refreshing. Finish was semi-dry & left me with a pleasant blueberry flavor to CANtemplate.

4.46/5  rDev +36.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

2.71/5  rDev -17.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I smell blueberry I taste pineapple

3.74/5  rDev +14.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.49/5  rDev +6.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A thanks to the champion of canned beers, woodychandler, for this beer. Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a dark copper color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is sweet, blueberries. Taste is blueberries, but little of the sweetness in the aroma. Some wheat is present, dry at the finish. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall is a decent beer.

3.26/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.79/5  rDev +15.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.27/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

2.87/5  rDev -12.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

3.6/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.34/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Well this isn't very good. It pours a dark peach / plum color. Aroma is a blue raspberry slush puppy. Flavor is artificial blueberry with a very light carbonated wheat flavor. Overall this tastes like someone dumped a blue raspberry slushy in an a blue moon.

3.6/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Poured at 42°F from a 12oz can (canned on 17Jun15) into a nonic pint glass. Consumed on 30Jan16.
LOOK: Pours with a fingers worth of white foam that dissipates into a quarter fingers worth after 1 minute and 20 seconds. Peach amber in color with a high amount of cloudiness. Rising bubbles are both small and medium in size and moderate in quantity. Lacing is thin and subtle.
SMELL: Mild aromas of blueberries are evident up front. They are both tart and sweet, with the latter being slihtly stronger. Subtle wheat aromas and hints of wooden notes and lemony zest are also present.
TASTE: Mild blueberry flavors enter initially. Unlike the aroma, the flavors of the blueberries are an equal amount of sweet, bitter, and tart. Subtle wheat and lemony zest flavors immediately follow the blueberry flavors. Subtle wooden notes finish off the taste profile as wheat and lemony zest flavors persist, but blueberry flavors fade to subtle.
FEEL: Light-bodied and moderately carbonated. Goes down somewhat smooth. Finishes extremely crisp.
NOTE: Not a bad beer, but the flavors were too weak. This was sessionable and refreshing. Something I definitely wouldn't mind trying again.

2.62/5  rDev -19.9%

3.17/5  rDev -3.1%

3.76/5  rDev +15%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Poured from a can into a Tervis cup. I'm going to rate this through my wife's eyes. I tasted it and didn't like it but it is a fruit and wheat beer, both styles which I don't like. My wife is a blueberry fan and she seemed to enjoy this offering. She's had better from Boston Beer Works and Portsmouth Brewery but she's had far more worse. If you like that style I'd say its worth a try.

3.65/5  rDev +11.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.78/5  rDev -15%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.44/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.64/5  rDev +11.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

You're My Boy, Blue! from The Brew Bus Terminal & Brewery