Imperial IPA | Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company (Fitchburg)

Awaiting More Ratings

Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company (Fitchburg)
Wisconsin, United States
greatdanepub.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by dhannes on 07-19-2012

4.02/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Served on tap into a 20 oz. Imperial Pint.

A=Rich amber color, with 1" off-white head.

S=No nose to speak of.

T=Thinking this was an APA when I ordered it (menu just said Imperial Pale Ale), I enjoyed the malt dominance with the subtle hops that reminded me of nutmeg. Very flavorful and my favorite Great Dane beer to date.

M=Nice moderate body, yet moderately carbonated and very drinkable.

O=Great Dane's best...I think this is my first "Imperial IPA" and, although the hops were evident, it seemed to have less hop flavor than traditional IPA's I've tried. I paired with their Asian BBQ boneless wings, and it was a great pairing, as well as enjoyable by itself. Second glass grew a bit wearisome, but this is the beer you should try first at Great Dane.

Imperial IPA from Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company (Fitchburg)