Dinkelacker CD-Pils | Dinkelacker-Schwabenbraeu AG

Dinkelacker-Schwabenbraeu AG
Germany
dinkelacker.de

Style: German Pilsener

Named for Carl Dinkelacker.

Added by stirgy on 06-06-2002

3.5

4.5/5  rDev +28.6%

Great overall beer for the style

4.21/5  rDev +20.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Good tasting beer writing reviews sucks

3.2/5  rDev -8.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

I picked up a bottle of Dinkelacker's CD-Pils last week for $2.09 at The Lager Mill. I was looking for a new Pilsener to try and I thought I would take a chance on this one, so lets see how it goes. I couldn't decode the bottling date. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into a Pilsener glass.

A- The label looks nice, it's got a nice clean look to it, but it isn't too eye catching. It poured a pretty clear yellow color that took on more of a golden color when held to the light with two fingers worth of bubbly white head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left a little bit of spotty lacing behind. This is a pretty nice looking Pilsener, no complaints here.

S- The aroma starts of with a medium amount of sweetness with the malts being the first to show up and they impart some grainy, pale malts, sweet malts and doughy aromas with the sweet and pale malts seeming to stick out the most. Up next comes some clean lager yeast that goes into the hops which are pretty light and only impart a light earthy and spicy hops aroma. The aroma was ok, but I was expecting the hops to show up just a little more.

T- The taste seems to be similar to the aroma and it starts off with a medium amount of sweetness with the malts still being the first to show up and they impart the same aspects with the sweet and pale malts seeming to stick out the most. Up next comes the clean lager yeast that goes right into the hops which show up just a little more than they did in the aroma, but they still impart those same earthy and spicy hop aspects that are still a little on the lighter side. This was decent tasting beer, but it felt a little bland for the style.

M- Smooth, clean, a little crisp, light bodied with a lighter amount of medium carbonation. The mouthfeel was ok, but i wish it had a little more carbonation.

Overall I thought this was a decent beer and I thought it was a pretty average example of the style, it wasn't bad, but it didn't really stick out as a good example of the style and I wanted a little more from it. This beer had ok drinkability, it was smooth, clean, a little crisp, not filling at all and the taste didn't do the best job at holding my attention, I think one is enough for me since I would start to get bored with it after that. What I like the most about this beer was the appearance, this was a pretty nice looking beer. What I liked the least about this beer was the aroma and mouthfeel, they weren't bad, but they could both use a little work. I wouldn't buy this beer again and I can't I would recommend it. All in all I wasn't impressed with this beer, I've hard worse, but I've also had many that were a lot better. This is one of my least favorite Dinkelacker beers and It falls right in the middle when it comes to the style. Better luck next time guys, this one could use just a little work.

3.19/5  rDev -8.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

2.82/5  rDev -19.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Aroma of grass, hay, bread, corn. Taste slighty sweet malt, grains, mild grassy hops, no bitter finish.

3.27/5  rDev -6.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.42/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.08/5  rDev -12%