Dragon's Milk | New Holland Brewing Company

2016 Bottles are 11% ABV

Added by beernut7 on 08-12-2002

Ratings: 5,741 |  Reviews: 1,511

3.75/5  rDev -5.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.56/5  rDev -10.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

04/09/2016
Bottle to snifter. Last of the 4pack.

Look...dark black. Small off white head.

Aroma...maybe it's too cold or my slight sniffles are impeding, but I get very little in the way of aroma. Some malt, some tiny bit of coffee, no bourbon at all.

Taste has more bite to it. Pomegranate, raspberry, dark chocolate up front. Lingering lactose and whiskey. Also, a touch of coffee at the and.

Feel is a little thin. A little astringent.

Far from the top of this style, but enjoyable. I would buy more.

3.98/5  rDev +0.3%

Vintage 2012 Bourbon Barrel
12oz served in a snifter.

A - Pours a dark brown almost black with highlighted edges. Small kahki head creates wispy patterns of micro thin bubbles.

S - Chocolate, vanilla, oak wood, toasted but sweet caramel/toffee, chocolate liqueur, bourbon comes out more as it warms.

T/M- Firm chocolate malts, wrapped in vanilla oak, cherry notes, caramel/toffee, maple sweetness, bourbon comes out later, earthy roasted bitterness, and bitter leafy green hops combine with a bourbon alcohol character on the finish.

M - Heavy side of medium body, creamy and fluffy carbonation, but the ethanol thins it out. A tad hot on the finish but seems to work.

I love how this beer shifts from a strong but rounded vanilla oak characeter at first but transitions into a serious bourbon character as it warms up. A very inviting aroma, and wonderfully melded flavors. This is to sipped on preferably around a fire.

3.75/5  rDev -5.5%

3.96/5  rDev -0.3%

4.9/5  rDev +23.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Vintage 2015, brewed on dated 012616.

Pours a very dark brown color with a very nice and frothy caramel hued head. Dissipates quickly and leaves nary a trace of lacing. Bourbon, wood, vanilla, and leather make up the aroma. Flavors hitting the palate include: chocolate, vanilla, oak, bourbon, and roasted char. Medium feel, sweet, and super sticky with the 11% abv almost unrecognizable. I must say I am very impressed with this stout and I did have high expectations as well. New Holland exceeded all of them and I'm glad to have snagged several bottles for later. Enjoy!

I poured from a bomber, 2010 vintage, into a snifter. The pour is pitch black, medium tan head, light lacing. The aroma is heavy on oak, vanilla, chocolate, and dark fruit. The flavors of roasted chocolate, oak and vanilla are prominant. It finishes with some dark fruit and hot alcohol. The body is medium and it drinks like a much smaller beer. A very enjoyable beer that I have been meaning to pick up for some time.

3.5/5  rDev -11.8%

4.35/5  rDev +9.6%

So I'm chillin at home last night smoking a little herb and playing Battlefield 3, when I realize... I have a bottle of Dragon's Milk in my fridge!!! Busted it open. Poured it in a glass. This is my experience....

Pours up black as an ageless storm, small head of color I cant remember. Aroma is so easy and pleasant on my senses. Malty, warm, hint of earth. I sip. I go into a coma. I recover three weeks later. The flavor profile was electric. Big barrel smoothness, malty, oak, vanilla, vanilla, vanilla, some hops came by to see how I was doing but left shortly thereafter. The body was big, the carbo was smooth. Then, I awoke. Strange. No bottle in sight. No beer residue in my glass. Had I really drank the elixir...or was it all a dream...

3.5/5  rDev -11.8%