Red Dawn | New Holland Brewing Company

Added by salvo on 09-05-2011

3.9

Reviews by salvo:
3.9/5  rDev 0%

Red dawn is, at 4.5%, totally sessionable. Strong malt smell and rich taste, though quite light. Biscuit malt lends sweetness. Peppery finish. Nose is red ale but the finish is like lager.

I can only hope that New Holland is auditioning replacement recipes for SunDog, for which I do not care. And it's a lower-alcohol, richer tasting session red/amber, which I imagine will only make New Holland fans of more mainstream amber drinkers. Side by side, Red Dawn and Sun Dog have family resemblances, but RD is a richer-flavored and more assertive beer. It retains more of what I think are the New Holland brand characteristics. So I'd suggest more explorations in this vein, or even refine this one a bit and replace that old dog of a red. Think of the movie cross-marketing possibilities.

Red Dawn from New Holland Brewing Company