New Holland Silent Night | New Holland Brewing Company

Style: Belgian Strong Dark Ale

Added by Thorpe429 on 12-27-2011

3.65/5  rDev -2.4%

On tap at New Holland.

Pours a medium brown color with a reddish hue. Faint off white head and a thin collar throughout. The nose carries some dark fruit and a bit of sweetness. Flavor is similar to the nose with a bit more booze. Medium body and a boozy semi-sweet finish. Pretty good, but boozy.

4.25/5  rDev +13.6%

4.35/5  rDev +16.3%

I last had this beer on New Year's Eve day. I like Scottish style ales and think that this is close. The dark brown color and slightly tan head is nice. This is more of a malty rather than hoppy style beer and thus slightly sweet. The high alcohol content is apparent in the taste and I like that also. I consider this one of the best Christmas Ales that I have had this year. A true B+ maybe even an A

New Holland Silent Night from New Holland Brewing Company