New Holland Marsha Mallow’s Malted Milk Stout | New Holland Brewing Company

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout

Added by ZombiesAteMyDog on 02-28-2012

4.1

4.12/5  rDev +0.5%

I had one of the last pours of this at Gravity Head 2012 on 02/24/12. Brewed at New Holland Brewing Co. Restaurant and Pub with Chef Cleetus Friedman of City Provisions Delicatessen. Named after the infamous Marsha Mallow, of the NHB staff holiday party, 2012.

A – Black with no head and a nice amount of velvety lacing.

S – Smoke, chocolate malt… huge malt smell that takes over.

T – Sweet! A little too sweet. Big chocolate malt, espresso, some slight honey, and charred wood.

M – Coats well, just want I want for a stout. Thick with little carbonation, syrupy, and a slight burn in the finish.

O – I’ll never have it again, so I’m glad I tried it. A nice example of a milk stout with a great mouthfeel. Overall, this was way too sweet, which took away from the complexity of the brew.

New Holland Marsha Mallow’s Malted Milk Stout from New Holland Brewing Company