Jumbo Slice

Reviews by hoppytobehere:
hoppytobehere from District of Columbia

3.82/5  rDev -7.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

16 oz can from the release a couple weeks ago.

Hops: Galaxy, Motueka, El Dorado

Decent beer, ridiculously smooth and finishes pretty clean. Just wish there was a bit more hop character to it.

Jan 11, 2021
vfgccp from New York

4.25/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Jan 09, 2021
Sven1 from Connecticut

4.11/5  rDev -0.5%

All the love of pizza and a beer wrapped into one. Great/fun beer!

Jan 17, 2021
JerzDevl2000 from New Jersey

4.13/5  rDev 0%

Picked this up a few weeks ago at Other Half as I had to get one of their D.C. beers into my haul. Of course, I was intrigued by the name of this as I love my pizza and even though this didn't quite taste like that, there was enough dough, cheese, and slickness for this to vaguely remind me of one of my favorite staples!

Not a bad pour to this as the hue was a deep gold that was opaque, somewhat bright, and speckled with a few bits of dark sediment. A moderate head topped this off as the lacing left behind was in the form of thin, wavy rings along the top half of my pint glass with fine dots along the bottom half. Lots of dough, soft tropical hops, grass, and weed in the nose as the taste was softly funky, with hints of jack fruit, tropical fruit, stringy cheese, and booze in it as it was easy on the palate and sticky in the aftertaste at the same time, with the slickness of grease that almost made this feel like pizza.

The carbonation was light and the booze was spot-on although I did warm up well before I finished this can off. The lip-smacking residue that lingered and hints of swamp water that stayed on my palate were quite different than how this started out, as this beer dated 12/30 felt as fresh as could be. While not a substitute for a slice, this almost eliminated the need for one after a night of drinking as it could have been a nightcap on it's own. Lots going on here ensured that this was on par with what I've come to love about Other Half!

Jan 31, 2021
rdoggg from Pennsylvania

4.34/5  rDev +5.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Jan 31, 2021