Bald Guy | Columbia Kettle Works

3.5/5  rDev -9.8%

3.75/5  rDev -3.4%

3.25/5  rDev -16.2%

3.96/5  rDev +2.1%

Had this on 2014-05-10 at the brewery and again on 2015-09-14 from a fresh growler. I revised my review and raised my ratings accordingly.

A - Clear amber with a 1-finger tan head and good lace.

S - Caramel, earthy spice, citrus and light chocolate.

T - Toasted brown bread with apple butter. Earthy spice, cinnamon, a touch of pepper and an appropriate amount of bitterness. Dries nicely with a semi-tart fruit and hop bitterness in the finish.

M - Medium body and carbonation.

O - Perhaps my tastes have changed or the brew has but I really enjoyed this batch. The characteristic rich malt flavors I've come to expect from this brewer are here in spades. There's plenty of residual malt flavor, spice and sweetness to balance the IBUs, which as you can see below, was something I thought was missing last year. Thumbs up for the Bald Guy

Original review on 2014-05-10 (shortly after they opened)

A - Cloudy amber with a 1-finger tan head and good lace.

S - Caramel, citrus, very light chocolate.

T - Toasted brown bread with apple butter. Earthy spice, pepper and a good amount of bitterness. Dries nicely with a semi-tart fruit and hop bitterness in the finish.

M - Light-medium body and carbonation.

O - I enjoyed this brew but would have liked a bit more residual sweetness to balance the fairly aggressive tart/bitter finish.

4.25/5  rDev +9.5%