Pale Rider Pale Ale | Ten Sleep Brewing Company

3.65 w/ 4 ratings

Ten Sleep Brewing Company
Wyoming, United States
tensleepbrewingco.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by Bitterbill on 01-26-2014

Liked:
3.65/5
Alströms:

Reviews by Bitterbill:
3.45/5  rDev -5.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

It pours a lovely 24k gold with a 1" head of foam, leaving good lacing behind. The smell is a bit weak; pine and citrus hops with a light biscuit malt aroma, I think. I did say the smell was weak. The taste is bitter. More piney than any citrus hoppiness going on. I wish it were the other way around. The malt adds just a bit of biscuit but the overall flavour is bitter and not in a that a good way. Medium bodied with light carbonation. I’ve had 2 other beers from Ten Sleep. This is the only one I would not drink again.

3.5/5  rDev -4.1%

3.65/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Only had a sample as I had a long trip still ahead of me, but based on the sample I bought a growler. I promise to update after this more thorough examination.

Based on the sampler though:

Aroma-good nose...would like to see what they do with an ipa

taste-smooth with a nice hop bite...will not be confused with a standard ale to be certain

Mouthfeel-pretty solid

Pale Rider Pale Ale from Ten Sleep Brewing Company