Saint Arnold Winter Stout | Saint Arnold Brewing Company

Liked:
3.62/5
Alströms:

3.75/5  rDev +3.6%

12 oz bottle - 2013 batch.
Letting this one warm to about 60 degrees F before doing my review other than appearance.
A: Side pour into a tulip. Almost no head. What is there is a tan-ish, off-white color and all but disappeared within a minute. Seems to be under-carbonated. Almost no lacing and what is there is oily and disappears within seconds.Dark chocolate brown in color. With light shining through it, it is deep red brownish in color
S: Smells a bit off, burnt malt I think is the culprit. Some sweetness. Chocolate but I don't think it was the best of dark chocolate, caramel.
T: About the same as the smell. Some un-welcomed bite that I guess is coming from the overdone malt. I think there may be some citrus and other fruit in there but I am distracted by the other parts too much to call it.
M: Starts with a bite that I am not fond of. Gets soft and creamy in the middle instead of up front. Bitter kind of funky.
O: The 2012 batch seems to have been a lot better from what I remember. Not sure because I have come a long way since then and never even reviewed it. I just remember drinking the 2012, really liking it and wanting more. It is not bad. Its just not as good as last year I don't think. I bought a sixer and I will drink it but will not be buying more this year.

4.5/5  rDev +24.3%