Pumpkinator | Saint Arnold Brewing Company

Saint Arnold Brewing Company
Texas, United States
saintarnold.com

Style: Pumpkin Ale

This is the same beer as Divine Reserve #9. If you have already reviewed that beer, please do not review it again here or you risk losing the older review when the listings are merged.

Added by FUNKPhD on 10-14-2011

The year this beer appeared (not as Divine Reserve 9 but the first year as Pumpkinator) I was unable to go grab a bottle the week it came out. By the next week they were GONE. So for a year I pined.

Then a day after it was rereleased I secured a couple bottles and made sure I was prepared for the ultimate letdown. After months and months of wondering, reading reviews, and anxiously awaiting the release of this beer, I had built it in my mind to be the perfect beer. And reality set in. There's no WAY this beer could be as good as I was hoping in my mind. Anticipating some sort of elixir of beery perfection was sure to bring only heartache and disappointment.

This beer is jet black in body. A Perfectly dark, impenetrable stout frame, with a unique orange-brown, milky head that was around a finger at the end of the pour, and receded within a few minutes. Looked not only like a truly dark beer, but it had a unique head that added to the beauty. Perfect appearance!

The nose has only a faint note of roasted malt, as it's dominated by the undeniable presence of pumpkin, wrapped in graham cracker, immediately followed by cinnamon and chocolate. The smell alone kept me enamored for several minutes. I can't believe it, the perfect smelling beer as well!

I took a sip of the little foam ring atop the glass. Sweet, bitter chocolate with a roasty back. Very interesting head. Now for a real gulp... Immediate explosion of flavor. Like a chocolatey, sweet, nutmeg-laced pumpkin pie with a very mild alcohol backbone. Delicious, sweet, and still somehow stout. A wonderful balance of desert and a brew. The perfect taste! (and that doesn't happen everyday)

And the mouthfeel... so thick, so creamy, so smooth and filling. It was almost like some sort of sinful milkshake of yeasty perfection. I would marry this beer!

Pumpkinator was everything I imagined and more. I've yet to taste such a flavorful, filling, and satisfying beer and I dunno if any experience will ever compare to FINALLY tasting my first Pumpkinator... next year I'm getting a couple cases at least.

Pumpkinator from Saint Arnold Brewing Company