Belgian Blonde | Forge Brew Works

3.41/5
Alströms:

Reviews by cjgiant:
3.28/5  rDev -3.8%

Re-review 11/2014 (rating up from 3.04 to 3.26) both on tap, re-review at better bar. Actually the re-review I did not know the beer before I tried it :

A: a little darker than I'd expect for a blonde (listed as strong pale ale here, despite name). The beer is more hazy than cloudy, but has a decent sustaining head with some lacing.
S: (original review: hint of Belgian, but an off scent I can't place as well). Begore being told the beer, definitely could tell it was in the Belgian style. Girlfriend got banana, which I didn't so much, but I got yeast, hay, bit of farm and a decent tart note that had me flummoxed on the exact style, but I figured not a saison.
T/M: pretty much follows the nose on taste. I do get a bit of banana in the taste, and outside of some farmhouse flavors (hay, earth), there is a faint, but lactic acid-like sour "tang" (to re-iterate light). Feel is medium light, fair carbonation, with a mid-to-light dryness accompanying a strange fruit-minty aftertaste.
O: would have NEVER had this again had I known the beer. Definitely better than original review. Still overall is just okay.

3.71/5  rDev +8.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.74/5  rDev +9.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.75/5  rDev +10%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.11/5  rDev -8.8%

3.81/5  rDev +11.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.25/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Belgian Blonde from Forge Brew Works