Exit 4 American Trippel | Flying Fish Brewing Company

Flying Fish Brewing Company
New Jersey, United States
flyingfish.com

Style: Tripel

This inspired Belgian-style Trippel has a hazy golden hue and the aroma of citrus with hints of banana and clove. Predominant Belgian malt flavors give way to a subdued bitterness in the finish.

Added by Foxman on 03-10-2009

2.97/5  rDev -22.3%

Another review I guess I wasn't fast enough with. Gone....

This 'American Trippel' I pour into a Belgian globe glass. Pours a clear golden with a minimal cap of foam and light retention.

Aroma of pils malt and candi sugar. Warms to offer some nice yeast components but the lack of carbonation keeps things at bay.

Taste follows with some neutral pils malt and some piney hops. With warming this beer offers some hope as for the American Trippel but it is still lacking. Feel starts off quite light and warms up to moderate.

Overall a decent stab but let it warm up to 50 or more before you open the bottle. Quite undercarbonated below that temp.

3.25/5  rDev -14.9%

4.5/5  rDev +17.8%

4.75/5  rDev +24.3%

3.72/5  rDev -2.6%

Didn't know what I was getting into when I ordered this beer. I was at a place that had all these diff beers and grabbed a bunch. This one was in the mix.
I poured it into a 22 oz Duval Tulip glass so I can got a good head and,,,after a vigorous pour...there was a small white head.
Didn't look too impressive.
Didn't know what to expect when I tasted it...

BUT....

I was blown away by all the flavors this beer had to offer. Incredibly lively and very pleasent. Every sip of this beer reminded me of a great Belgian Beer I ran across in Paris...but, I'll be damned if I remember the name. I'll come across that beer again sometime----and I'll edit this review to tell you the Belg Beer I'm thinking of.
That will make an observer, (reader), get an idea of what this beer tastes like.

It is definitely a beer I would drink again.

Den

4.5/5  rDev +17.8%

4.07/5  rDev +6.5%

A: Super light with a little bit of haze. Head stays around for a long time.
S: Very fruity. Orange, cherry, strawberry come through a lot. some spice notes as well.
T: Very fruity and spicy. Notes of banana and clove. I appreciate the spice notes as well: a little different than other tripels I've had.
M: Sits perfect. Very creamy with a good body. Lots of dynamic flavors that develop.

Overall a very nice beer. It pour rather unintimating but the tastes that came through really were nice. It almost reminds me of an IPA in some ways with the spice notes and I do love me a good IPA. A highly recommended beer.

Exit 4 American Trippel from Flying Fish Brewing Company