Columbus IPA | Columbus Brewing Company

Liked:
4.2/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,304 |  Reviews: 371

Brewed in my hometown Columbus, Ohio but not being bias when I say this is my favorite IPA.

Those who give this a low rating shouldn't be rating beer at all.

Pours: gold/orange with a nice thick head that diminishes and good carbonation

Aroma: sweet fruit & hoppy smell

Taste: citrus, bursting taste of different types of Hops

Mouthfeel: medium, sweet, excellent carbonation as you can see if you pour into a glass

Drinkability: the aftertaste leaves you wanting more. I am smuggling some home to Cali

Serving type: 12oz bottle

I had this as a follow up brew after drinking an Avery Maharaja and I was just waiting to be dissapointed...WELL HELLO !!!! this bad boy had all the right things happening, what a pleasant suprise! Looked absolutely amazing in the provided
"Columbus Brewing" pint glass.
Smelled actually more assertive than the Maharaja,lots of fruitiness.
Tasted like an IPA should with an agressive hops blast and lots of complex fruitiness happening throughout.
Mouthfeel and drinkability were absolutely top shelf, wish this was available in my town but for right now looks like I'll have to make the 100 mile + trip to get this one, definetly worth it though!!!!

You've seen my score. What else can I possibly say about Columbus IPA? If you read my profile you'll discover that CIPA is my favorite.

Pours a burnt orange color with ample 1-inch head that laces right down the glass to the bottom.

I just love the hop combinations used to achieve the wonderful grapefruit and otherwise citrusy aroma which balances in nicely with the flavor.

The taste, as it should be, is a full extension of the smell. Undeniably delicious and refreshing.

I've seen various ABV listings for this brand ranging from 5% to 6.5%. Either way, it makes an excellent session beer, and a perfect refresher on hot days or even when you're just plain thirsty.

I have tasted every IPA I have come across. Some are better than others. And though most draft versions are better than their bottled counterparts, I still cannot find one better than Columbus IPA.

Before you say I'm biased, please understand that although I do live in Columbus and find it to be an enjoyable place to make my home, I have absolutely no allegiance to the capitol city. In fact, let's just say that my career would be better served by me living in Nashville.

A great beer to pair with almost any food

STRONGLY recommended!