Columbus Bodhi | Columbus Brewing Company

Columbus Brewing Company
Ohio, United States
columbusbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

An awakening of the senses by virtue of American hops. Pale golden in color, this double IPA showcases a unique blend of hops, highlighting the true nature of Citra.

Added by projectflam86 on 10-07-2009

Ratings: 1,510 |  Reviews: 205

Very good DIPA glad to be able to pick this up in CBUS.

This is my first review and I don't think I'm very good at explaining and describing a beer. All I know is that this beer is absolutely phenomenal. I've had a lot of Pliny (the Elder). I've had Heady Topper and I've had quite a few Three Floyds. I know these are some of the greatest IPAs (or double IPAs). And they really are! I love them all (in their own way). But I really do have to say, if there was one beer that towers over them all, then it's this one. From the nose to the taste, it's just brilliant. I could never tire of drinking Bodhi. Columbus and their brewmaster have really done something phenomenal with this beer. I really don't even want to compare it to other beers. I don't feel like it should be a competition. But at the same time, I do have to say that this is absolutely the one I would favor over all of them. For the simple reason that it never gets old. Not too sweet. Not too bitter. Not too malty. It's just right. Glass after glass. With every sip, you'll taste a little bit of heaven. ;)

PS: I live in VA and drive up to OH just to drink this brilliant brew.

Sampled at CBC and then from growler I purchased. This is spot on for me. Easily the best DIPA I've had, and what I compare all others too. Much more experienced tasters than me put it near the top of their lists as well.

Columbus Bodhi from Columbus Brewing Company