IRL

From:
Gun Hill Brewing Company

New York, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Reviews by cambabeer:
cambabeer from New York

3.56/5  rDev -11.7%

Canned 4/22/19

Opaque straw color with soda like carbonation that fades quickly and leaves no lace whatsoever. Looks a little like chicken broth. Smells funky and the three added fruits (tangerine, apricot, and passion fruit) are all quite noticeable. There's a crackery buiscuity note in there as well. Tasts is sour, but more like a grapefruit sour than a funky sour. Lots of grapefruit here. Definitely getting the passion fruit as well, and it finishes with a saltine cracker taste (not dry feeling though). Mouthfeel and body are like carbonated fruit juice, pretty full.

Picked this up because I've never really tried the new sour IPA thing and I like the brewery. Added the beer to the site, and felt weird selecting the style, because I feel like this kind of a fruited, hopped up sour beer doesn't fit the IPA style, but the can says "Sour Double India Pale Ale" so I'll let the brewer decide the style here I guess.

Interesting change of pace, but I don't think I see myself picking this up again. Cheers!

May 05, 2019
ogman from Pennsylvania

4.71/5  rDev +16.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Sep 24, 2019
DrDemento456 from Pennsylvania

3.83/5  rDev -5%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A pretty damn tasty IPA with only a slight weird aftertaste from the sabro hops. If they could somehow use something more refined possibly citra hops I could see this beer being a winner

May 17, 2019