Bourbon Barrel Aged Lumberjack Breakfast
Hailstorm Brewing Co.

Bourbon Barrel Aged Lumberjack BreakfastBourbon Barrel Aged Lumberjack Breakfast
Beer Geek Stats:

n/a
Notes: Bourbon Barrel Aged Milk Stout with coffee & maple
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 6 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
2.1/5  rDev -35.4%

Agree with the review below, this is just like drinking maple syrup with a hint of coffee. Big miss. I could pour it over pancakes, maybe that would be better? Disappointing because I love the regular.

4.03/5  rDev +24%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Liked the original lumberjack breakfast, so I was super pumped when they announced a BA version this year. Honestly couldn't really tell it was barrel aged, which is a bummer. Maple reigns with an iron fisted dominance over both smell and taste. Get some coffee in the taste and a hint of booze, but otherwise maple to the face. That being said, want the maple fix, look no further. Feel is the real issue though, thick, syrupy, sickly sweet, and heavy. The wife liked it

1.36/5  rDev -58.2%

I had high hopes for this beer. Unfortunately, I was let down. I won't go too far into detail but I'll say that it's like a slightly carbonated maple syrup. That's it. It's very one dimensional & the focus is on maple. This isn't even a beer. It's maple syrup with an abv. Even as it warmed up, it became very medicinal.

Not great.

Not even good.

A little below, okay & above bad. I wouldn't go out of my way for this ever again. Infact, if I had my choice between this beer or a PBR, I would grab the PBR in a heartbeat.

Bourbon Barrel Aged Lumberjack Breakfast from Hailstorm Brewing Co.